Thread: vibrating from 30mph to 40mph

Default vibrating from 30mph to 40mph

I have an 02 se7 and it vibrates from 30 to 40. Just put new toyo openland ht all the way around but the problem was happening before. I also have when i push the gas pedal down and let of the press it again, it feels like the ujoint or something else is loose with the driveshaft. could this be the problem with the vibration? thanks for your help. stay muddy

Check your front and rear driveshaft u-joints. If there are zerk fittings try greasing them. If there are no fittings you may have to replace the u-joints. The replacements will have fittings and if you keep them serviced regularly will last much longer than the originals.
    Hope this helps...

I'm with Tom. Check the driveshaft for play and zerk-fitted u-joints before anything else. For some reason LR didn't think to fit the DII with serviceable driveshafts so if it's original it probably needs replacing.

If you have an LT230 (CDL equipped) then drop the front shaft out, lock the diff and take it for a spin and see if it is still vibrating. If not then the driveshaft is the problem.
    Last edited by DiscoDave; 12-01-2007 at 11:31 PM.
    1973 Series III
    1995 RRC LWB
    2000 Discovery II
    2000 Range Rover

will try thanks.