Thread: Lights and Heat

thumb-up Lights and Heat

Hi Everyone, thanks for looking at my thread here, I hope someone can offer some help. I Drive a 1998 LR Disco 1 SD. I'm having 2 problems. (1) Now that the cold weather is here, my parking lights wont come on. It takes like 10min. before the parking lites will come. The headlights will come on at once, but not the parking lights. Once the parking lights do come on, I'll hear a click sound that seems to come from someplace under the dash on the passangers side.
    (2) The other problem is the heated seats. Both front seats stoped working. I was noticing that the drivers seat had a hot spot in the seat under the left thigh area, and I thought I smelt a burning smell once earlier this fall.
    The light on the heated seat switches on the center console
    do come on.
    Thanks for looking, any thoughts are 100% appreciated.

Default Bad Relay

Quote Originally Posted by Bootlover101
    Hi Everyone, thanks for looking at my thread here, I hope someone can offer some help. I Drive a 1998 LR Disco 1 SD. I'm having 2 problems. (1) Now that the cold weather is here, my parking lights wont come on. It takes like 10min. before the parking lites will come. The headlights will come on at once, but not the parking lights. Once the parking lights do come on, I'll hear a click sound that seems to come from someplace under the dash on the passangers side.
    (2) The other problem is the heated seats. Both front seats stoped working. I was noticing that the drivers seat had a hot spot in the seat under the left thigh area, and I thought I smelt a burning smell once earlier this fall.
    The light on the heated seat switches on the center console
    do come on.
    Thanks for looking, any thoughts are 100% appreciated.
    (1) Relay located on the RHS passenger well needs to be replaced.

(2) As for the heated seats you have a bad heating elements. It is my understanding that the light will come on to alert you that power is being transmitted. This will still illuminate even if the elements are defective. Check out the following link: http://rangerovers.net/repairdetails.../seatheat.html

Good luck.
    Last edited by joshua.mcguoirk; 12-04-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)

Default Seat heater write-up

My compliments for such a fantastic document on the heated seat diagnosis and repair/upgrade. Even though I don't have this problem yet with my 97 Disco I, a fellow club member does have an issue with the seat in his LR3. I will refer him to this article.

My compliments to the writer. I would like to see more such write-ups on other Rover Problems.

It was a very informative and well put together document.

Thanks again.
    Danny Lee