Thread: heater issue 95 LWB

Question heater issue 95 LWB

Now that it is cold it is time to do something about my heater. When I first turn on the truck and the engine gets warm my heater blows hot air, after just a few minutes the air turns cold and it stays that way. No fun. What is up? Is it my heater core or is it the other valve/ thermostat thing? I thougt I was smelling some antifreeze in the cab a while back, however, that seems to have stopped. Your input is much appreciated.
    Scott

start by replacing the thremostat

Default Same thing here!!!

I've got the same thing going on here with my 89, I replaced the t-stat, made sure the burp hole was at 12 o'clock, bled it out as far as I can tell of air. Temp did go up a little hotter than before with the old t-stat, but now it stays at center or to the left, and as soon as I start driving cool air is all that comes out! Could there be deeper issues here? I've owned the truck now for 9 months, and the PO serviced it when it should have been. Thanks in advance for the next steps to take.

Jim