Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your young kids ride in...

Default Do your young kids ride in...

your series?If so any pics?My little girl is almost 1 already!I'd like to bring her in it this year,any advice?

Yup,
    My 18 month old son son has ridden in my 88 since he was 3 months old. I have fitted the 3 point inertia seat belts so his seats just slot into the front seat per the instructions that come with the seats. No airbag so no problem. Of all the vehicles we have he loves riding in the SIIA the most. He likes being able to look out properly and also observe dad working all the levers.

I am considering something in the rear so the entire family can ride along. I am currently thinking along the lines of a jeep rear bench seat in the back as discussed in one of the previous threads. Due to the seat belt situation I would keep my son up front and my wife can sit in the back with the dog's sticky breath in her ear. Has anyone managed to sort out 3-point inertia belts for a rear mount yet?

As funds permit I am thinking of rock sliders to improve the side impact protection of the truck as it is almost non existant right now.

Cheers
    Gregor

Heres how my 5 year old rolls. its as close as I can get right now for a kid.
    Onward threw the fog

Default same as already stated

I have three point seat belts - standard fit - in the fron of my Stage One. My daughter's seat fits ok. I have to move it as far forward as possible to get some back lean to the seat back to put the seat in a somewhat comfortable position for her.

Ditto above comments. My daughter loves riding up front with Daddy in Daddy's old truck.

I am also looking into the sliders for the obvious reasons and the side impact protection.

I have a Jeep tumble seat installed in the rear. I just have lap belts back there and my wife enjoys sharing the rear seat with our beagle on long trips. I have not figured out a clean way to fit three point belts in the rear - especially as I run a soft top.

Default Kids in Rovers

My three year old girl loves riding shotgun in the 109. I have deluxe highback seats and lap belts- the belt cinches the car seat down very securely. She's almost outgrown it though, so I'll be searching for a booster.

I run a Tuffy console so no center seat- but it may have to come out so Mom can tag along...
    Last edited by Momo; 01-03-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Default Kids love it.

My three year old loves "Ruby"... especially with the soft top in summer, we take the doors off and everything. I let her paint the rear door and the lift gate, she really loved that. We spend most of the summer riding around together, just want to get a good roll bar. I got rock sliders mounted real well for a little side protection.
    MA1(SW)...AKA REAL NAVY.
    88" 1968' IIA -

my 5 and 7 year old ride around in the front seat. nothing better than having one sit next to me and help me shift. outside of the nighborhood i only take one at a time in the booster seat with the 3-point belt.

i'm looking at the jeep rear seat as well, but am disappointed that we all dont have the option of a 3 point rear seat belt.

i remember rolling around in the back section of our station wagon in the late 70's as mom took the corners through raleigh, nc.
    '68 109 3 door with multiple personalities
    '03 Ford Excursion 7.3 diesel
    '07 Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet

mine are 16, 16 & 20. whenever they ride and i catch someone eyeballing my iia, i tell the kids that they wish they were us. the kids typically respond with "no dad, they're wonder what it is"

mom limited me to just one at a time cause i only had 2 seats and 2 seat belts. now i've the middle seat and 2 rear jumps seats. i just need to get 5 more seat belts and it will rival her lr3, ...in seats anyway
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by chester rides again
    my 5 and 7 year old ride around in the front seat. nothing better than having one sit next to me and help me shift. outside of the nighborhood i only take one at a time in the booster seat with the 3-point belt.

i'm looking at the jeep rear seat as well, but am disappointed that we all dont have the option of a 3 point rear seat belt.

i remember rolling around in the back section of our station wagon in the late 70's as mom took the corners through raleigh, nc.
    I have a jeep cj seat in my tub, its great for the two kids. I am going to get a fume curtain and just run canvas now, so I will sell it if anyone wants it. $50 plus shippin, probably close to the price
    MA1(SW)...AKA REAL NAVY.
    88" 1968' IIA -

I know an enthusiast in CT who put in a child seat and belts into his Series III to transport his then-young son. The boy wouldn't travel any other way. He even insisted on having his own keys to the Rover!

Jeff
    Jeff Aronson
    Vinalhaven, ME 04863
    '66 Series II-A SW 88"
    '66 Series II-A HT 88"
    '80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
    '80 Triumph Spitfire
    '66 Corvair Monza Coupe
    http://www.landroverwriter.com