Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do your young kids ride in...

Check out the Exmoor trim Lock and Fold ones - they are rated for baby/child seats. Their web site won't let me copy and paste a direct URL, but if you go to the home page and click on Load Area Seats under Series II/III, these are the first option there.

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/

Better put on the Depends before looking at the price, however...

Quote Originally Posted by S11A
    Check out the Exmoor trim Lock and Fold ones - they are rated for baby/child seats. Their web site won't let me copy and paste a direct URL, but if you go to the home page and click on Load Area Seats under Series II/III, these are the first option there.

http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/

Better put on the Depends before looking at the price, however...

450.00 pound a seat. JEEEEZZZZZ. Can't put a price on safety though I guess.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

Never mind truck insurance. I'd insure those seats with the truck as an accessory.

For those that have jeep seats in the rear, do they face forward or rearward. Whilst contemplating my beer last night I was thinking that if the seat faced backwards it should be fairly simple to add an extra boss to the upper mounts, being careful to avoid them interfering with the front belt, maybe even use the lower mounts at the base of the bulkhead with a longer screw and jam nut for the stalks and then you are left to locate the real. I'm fairly sure that you could through bolt this on the bulkhead with a spreader plate on the reverse side.

For a seat I'd be looking at one of the more modern jeep rear benches with the headrests for the obvious safety reasons. Does anyone know any law preventing rear facing seats? It may also make them puke but hey - the truck hoses out.

Cheers
    Gregor

Interesting.

I'm not aware of a law against them, and in fact, my audi has a rear facing removable seat for the cargo space. Some Merc wagons also have them.

A buddy of mine in college had an old Bronco. We used to spin the rear seat around so it would face backward. I once road a 300 mile trip as a passenger in the seat facing backward with the top off. It was actually pretty cool.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

The old Subaru Brat had them, but not sure if modern safety laws forbid them in an open vehicle (or with soft top). I tried to find a link to the Subaru Baja which was sort of a new version of the Brat, but couldn't find anything on the rear facing seats in the back.

Anyway, I think I saw a minivan commercial that showed the middle seats rotated around to face the 3rd row seats, with a table in the middle and the kids playing cards...

Default check these out

these seats combined with a custom made seat box or the one from tuffy would be a sweet setup.

http://bestop.com/index.php?s=70 if it only came with the 3-point seat belts

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/trunk/021.html i have a pic of a custom made box that's not as fancey (or probably as expensive)

This is my spring purchase for when I get the soft top on the truck.

Jeff
    '68 109 3 door with multiple personalities
    '03 Ford Excursion 7.3 diesel
    '07 Porsche Carrera S Cabriolet

That's the set I was thinking of. A rear facing mounting shouldn't be difficult.

Cheers
    Gregor

I've got a pair of forward facing seats for the back that look very much like series seats. Found them on eBay.

Yet to mount them as I'm stuck on the seatbelt question. Although I'm sure it can be fabricated, I'll wait to mount the seats until I can figure something out.

I just keep thinking of scenes like this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42e_0pzcLkw

Of course personally I'd reconsider my teeshirt choice if I were filming myself in the car, it's still a good show of what can happen if the worst should happen.

Plan for the worst case and have fun untill it happens.