Thread: 101 V8 heater set up

Default 101 V8 heater set up

I'm putting a 110 together using a military rebuilt 101 V8, I'm locating heat hoses....does the heater line return via rubber hose to the water pump outlet pipe? this pipe,just behind the large mounting arm has a port for a fitting.
    anyone have a part # for that fitting?
    anyone interested in the exhaust manifolds that I can't use
    thanks RTC

The heater is fed from a line coming off the rear of the intake manifold. It reconnects with a T piece into the hose fromthe radiator bottom outlet to the water pump if that helps.

The inevitable question about the manifolds is how much $ do you want for them?

Cheers

Gregor

Gregor
    thanks for the info,
    the water pump top outlet has a port for a fitting, should that be blanked off?
    the manifolds are reconned, new military green paint. I was going to post on ebay, I have no idea of their value. defender manifolds new run about $150 each, I'd be happy to get that for the pair
    I can email a pic if your interested
    thanks again
    RTC

The water pump has three connections:
    1. The inlet from the radiator bottom hose.
    2. Outlet from the water pump is part of the timing cover casting.
    3. Connection on the rear of the water pump housing which should be a hose barb. This has an S-shaped hose that connects to the front of the thermostat housing.

I hope you realise that a 101 V8 is low compression at 8.13 or so. You can get a lot more torque and grunt putting in a 9.3 high compression unit. The 101 water pump is also a short nosed version which is worth a bit more than the later longer nosed item. The early type 101 viscous coupling is also worth a bit so, dpending on your fitment issues, you might be able to save some money swapping them out.

The manifolds sound interesting. Mine are in good nick but I'm in the business of building a good spares cache. some pictures would be good whilst I descide tonight if I really need them.

Cheers
    Gregor

Quote Originally Posted by rtcgb
    Gregor
    thanks for the info,
    the water pump top outlet has a port for a fitting, should that be blanked off?
    the manifolds are reconned, new military green paint. I was going to post on ebay, I have no idea of their value. defender manifolds new run about $150 each, I'd be happy to get that for the pair
    I can email a pic if your interested
    thanks again
    RTC
    RTC,

I'll take the 101 manifolds if Gregor decides to pass. He's right round the corner from me, so I won't bugger the deal if he wants em. The ones on the GS I'm buying are pretty well shot, so I'll need em soon.

Rgds
    Mike

Mike,
    I was just going to snaffle them as spares so if you need them go ahead.

Cheers
    Gregor

RTC,

Sent you a PM re these manifolds. Definitely want em.

Rgds
    Mike