Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off Road

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Don, looks like you are having more fun driving the Aston Matrin *on-road* than in the passenger seat of the LR3 off-road! Nice photos eventhough it is an "off-Road" thread! Where are the video clips ??!!?? youtube 'em up.

ps to myself... glad that I programmed the forum to scroll right when someone uploads large images.
    Last edited by TSR53; 02-23-2007 at 07:58 AM.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Sorry about that - I couldn't figure out how to scale them properly and I don't have any image manipulation tools on my work computer.

Yeah, the morning was tooting around in sports cars - Aston Martin DB9, Bentley GTC, Bentley GT Flying Spur, Jaguar XK convertible, and a Jaguar XJ-R.

Afternoon was spent running round the woods and rocks in LR3's, RR's and RRS's. No Defenders though

I didn't do itmyself, but one of the guys took the RRSSC on the skid pad and did some high-speed laps in it. Very impressive if you're one of those who buy into the concept of a high-speed Rover..

/DA

No biggie! I'll edit the photos for you and re-post 'em on our server at a more forum friendly size.

I guess I'm one of those track hungry guys... Floggin a RR Sport around the track would be fun .
    Cheers, Thompson
    Rovers North, Inc.

Here are some more photos of Matzker's trick Discovery 3 dc5r / LR3 in Germany...

Cheers, Thompson
    Rovers North, Inc.

Here are some shots from a Bill Burke class in the Anza-Borrega desert of California.

Attachment 104

Attachment 105

Quote Originally Posted by dbregman
    Here are some shots from a Bill Burke class in the Anza-Borrega desert of California.

Attachment 104

Attachment 105
    Is that the ARB winch bumper for the LR3? I like the look of it, but not sure how you would see the spindle if it is covered by the bumper? How would you know if you have fouled the line?

Quote Originally Posted by DonFromCanada
    Is that the ARB winch bumper for the LR3? I like the look of it, but not sure how you would see the spindle if it is covered by the bumper? How would you know if you have fouled the line?
    Yes it is the ARB - its visability is a bit slim, but you can see. I use synthetic line so it is easier to handle. Bill Burke did suggest I cut a slightly larger access hole in the top of the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by TSR53
    Thanks! Well, it was me that posted the photo... From what I hear, Amadeus Matzker loves Land Rover Defenders and has a pretty mean Porsche 911 track car. If you wouldn't mind snapping off a few shots that would be great! [see if he has any mod'ed 2006 MINI Cooper S's hanging around as well - my daily driver ]
    I have a modified MINI S here at Robison Service - we're a Dinan dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Parker
    Anyone out there have any great pictires of the superb LR3 (or Discovery III) out and about off-roading?
    Care to share them with us?
    Thanks
    Les
    Here's one from last weekend at Gore, Va. BigDogs event

http://www.geocities.com/mhenry79/je.../mitch_lr3.jpg
    Last edited by slorocco; 05-03-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Talking

A brand new LR3 (Discovery Series 3 in Australia) was part of a convoy that crossed the Simpson Desert, which is a big trip that takes months and months of preparation, as it is an expedition style trip.

The D3 was very reliable and the only vehicle amongst a bunch of Discovery II vehicles.

Here is a couple of videos for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.aulro.com/app/data/751/D3_-Little_Red.wmv

http://www.aulro.com/app/data/500/Callum_-Little_Red.wmv

Enjoy!