Thread: ProLine Y-pipe & cats for LWB

Question ProLine Y-pipe & cats for LWB

Anyone here use the ProLine y-pipe for their LWB? I got one the other day and installed it on my '95 to correct a rattling cat on the passenger side. It went in fine but I noticed a couple of quirks with it and I wanted to know if the most "quirky" of them was unique to the unit I got:

The bung for the driver's side O2 sensor is placed in such a way that the sensor leads are extremely close to the frame rail once the sensor is installed. If the bung were moved more towards the 11 o'clock position (looking at the pipe from the rear>>front) there'd be a whole lot more room. I use the Bosch 13021 O2 sensors in my car and I think the length of these sensors is a tad longer than the RRC-specific ones. I have all new engine/trans/xfer case mounts, but I wonder if older/softer mounts would prevent installation and/or cause the O2 sensor to fail from stress against the frame when the engine moves in its mounts...

Otherwise, it fits great. I did call RN and talk to them about it and they said they'd look into making a change - just curious to see if anyone else experienced this.
    Last edited by 57loboy; 01-18-2008 at 11:17 AM.
    '95 RRC LWB (white)
    '95 RRC LWB (Avalon Blue) - sold
    '95 RRC LWB parts truck ready and waiting to donate to the cause...