Thread: Rocker assembly lube question

Default Rocker assembly lube question

I just finished rebuilding my truck and it seems the rocker assembly does not have a flow of oil coming out of it. should i see oil dripping? if so, would it be a clog somewhere?

Also, anyone have advice on where to get an oil pressure sending unit. i have the original gauge and sender. the gauge responds to a voltage input, so i suspect the sender is the culprit. how do i test the sending unit?

thanks
    Erik

Do you mean there is no oil in the top end? Wow, don't even try to use the motor without getting that figured out.

Could be the oil pump or a clog. You might want to start with the oil pump though if the clog isn't obvious.
    Last edited by Tim Smith; 02-12-2008 at 07:46 AM.

Have you run the motor, or just spun it over a few times without cranking?

If you've run it, and the top end isn't getting oil, then don't crank it again. If everything is working properly, then yes you should see oil dripping off the rocker assembly when you remove the valve cover.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88