Thread: Seeking restoration shop

Question Seeking restoration shop

I'm looking for a shop in ME, NH, VT to replace the frame and doors on my 1997 Defender because of corrosion problems. I want it done well to last many years. Anyone have any grim tales of who not to choose, or any glory stories of who's been great ?

Default Matt Browne

Quote Originally Posted by jlgsrover
    I'm looking for a shop in ME, NH, VT to replace the frame and doors on my 1997 Defender because of corrosion problems. I want it done well to last many years. Anyone have any grim tales of who not to choose, or any glory stories of who's been great ?
    Matt Browne of Overland Engineering in Eliot, Maine is the mechanic for my 97 D90 SW and he is fantastic. He's awfully busy and I don't know if this is something he would take on but it's worth a call. 207 450 2187

Try East Coast Rover....207-594-8086.
    Very good work!
    I will also second Matt at Overland Engineering.....
    Last edited by solihull109; 02-29-2008 at 08:34 PM.
    knowledge without experience is just information.... Mark Twain

www.downeastcoachworks.com

Smile Thanks for th leads

Thanks for the leads on these shops. Once I can get some more cash stashed up I'll be making some phone calls to see what can be done.
    Last edited by jlgsrover; 03-05-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks Solihull 109. Did you have any Defender or Series work done at either shop?

Well,...truth be told ...I work at ECR, but I also know Mat Browne, and I would let/ ask him to work on my oily nightmare if I couldn't. Hope that helps.
    Yes I know it was a shameless plug, but I couldn't resist
    knowledge without experience is just information.... Mark Twain

www.downeastcoachworks.com

nono

Yes Solihull 109! Shameless plug indeed! Isn't ECR too busy as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by solihull109
    I also know Matt Browne, and I would let/ ask him to work on my oily nightmare if I couldn't.
    I've seen that oily heap......maybe you should bring it on down here so we can fix it for you ........

Just kidding Carey. Thanks for the kind words.
    Matt Browne
    www.overlandengineering.com
    "resurecting junk through engineering"

Default 4x4 Center

http://the4x4center.com/Restorations.html They have galvanized frames ready for swaps.