Thread: rwd? ill probably get killed for this

Default rwd? ill probably get killed for this

hey i was wondering if anybody has converted to temporary rwd? any thoughts on this?

quite often while off roading, i have broken an axle and has become nescessary, to keep the tranfer case locked until i get a replacement or repair what gotten damaged.
    meanwhile the truck has been on temporary 2wd be it front or rear.
    fuel economy jumps by about 4 mpgs to 18 from 12 or 14, the handling however sucks, the truck gets wobbly and tends to peel off when making fast turns or leaving a stop, also it tends to duck the rear as you take off but it feels more responsive.

yea i was jsut interested in trying it nothing permanent. but even though its meant to be 4wd it doesnt seem like any damage can be doen by removing the drive shaft

What year is your RR? With the LT230 it shouldn't be a huge problem. the BW on the other hand...
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

becareful doing that, if your truck has 10 spline axles (93 and below) you run the risk of overstressing the shafts with traccion and braking that sucker, they are quite wimpy and prone to breaking.
    the 94 and up came equipped with 24 spline axles made of a different alloy
    which makes them a little more resilient to extreme loads, such as moving a nearly 2.5 ton truck.

yea its a 95 county so itll have the 24spline