Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily Driving in a Series IIa

Quote Originally Posted by junkyddog11
    Funny thing this....I've sold several Series rig's to customers that normally drive expensive coilers (both Defenders and Range Rovers, as well as other marques) and before very long the Series rig has become the #1 car. People can't stop driving them. They can't stop smiling either. Got to love it.
    For me it is pretty much a split decision bases upon weather, destination and what needs to be carried. Do I drive the 1960 Land Rover or the 1961 Triumph TR3 today? Even after 30 year of driving it, my Land Rover still puts a smile on my face. Of course so does the TR3. But I've ony been driving it for 22 years so it is still newish.

Both cars are very different driving experiences but both make driving a participant activity.

I gotta say, she's a real looker. All the advise above is straight on.
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaFitz
    A better set of tires (the Sears tires on it now really stink)
    I'm curious about what makes your tires stink.. Not aggressive enough? Too soft or hard compound in the rubber? What model are they?

Currently looking for some cheap road tires (less noise/better mileage) and would like to know what is throwing you off of those.

This probably needs to go into one of the tire threads but I wanted to get your response to those tires in particular.

Cheers,
    Tim
    Last edited by Tim Smith; 02-26-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyddog11
    slow, noisy, smells like god knows what and has original dirt......
    after re-reading this I realized that I was also describing myself.........
    Matt Browne
    www.overlandengineering.com
    "resurecting junk through engineering"