Thread: Stereo Deck in a SIII 109 soft top

here's a thread that has the pics of my sound system,

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2399

it's getto but functional
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

I have to tell you, when I bought my Series III there was a center console with a din slot for a radio. I sold the console.

How the heck can all of you hear a radio in your trucks? I can barely hear myself think. When I pull my hood up over my head I notice the (relative) peace and quite. What a joy!

Default It's in and sounding great.

Spent Friday night fabing up a mount for the deck inside the Cubby. Have a terminal under the cubby and a trailer connector for the power in case I need acess under the center.

Speakers are currently 6x9's in prefab boxes on the floor. Will mount them up as soon as I have time to think about where.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Don't know what you are all complaining about...sounds great, can hear them fine...even at highway speeds...what's disconcerting is now I have to actually watch the speedo for gear shifts as before I just listened.

Thanks to all for the advice.

I saw this thread recently and thought it a neat idea for adding a stereo. Another idea is to add a small speaker or two to the front or sides of the console.

http://p200.ezboard.com/fgunsandrove...cID=8169.topic

Default Stereo is in!

Here are two picutres of my stereo installation. Unit is mounted in my cubby and all wiring is underneath the cubby with a quick disconnect (trailer connector) for the power.

Speakers are in pre-fab 6x9 boxes on the floor for the time being until I decide where to permantently mount them.

Cheers and thanks for all the ideas.
    Last edited by BellaCoola; 11-13-2009 at 05:35 PM.