Thread: Vent control for SIII Lightweight

Default Vent control for SIII Lightweight

I'm need the contol for the ventilator on a LTWT. the originals appear to be shorter than the ones that were installed in my truck. the vents will not close completely. The LTWT parts manual says the part number is 335789. Does anyone know were I can get some used or new?
    Thanks
    Stacy

72 SIII LTWT

Try PA Blanchard in England https://secure.pablanchard.co.uk/default.asp
    Jim

The seals may be in backwards,or may have used the wrong seals. According to many sources there is a difference between the series 11a and series 3 or new which makes the vents hard to close

Quote Originally Posted by singingcamel
    The seals may be in backwards,or may have used the wrong seals. According to many sources there is a difference between the series 11a and series 3 or new which makes the vents hard to close

I have used the Series seals and the Defender seals. They all suck. Very hard to seat them in. Someone has to press on the outside of the vent while someone on the inside pulls the knob down. Then let them sit closed for about 6 months. The longer the better.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.