Thread: Defender 110 Title Issues!! HELP

Default Defender 110 Title Issues!! HELP

Should I be weary of buying a 1983 Land Rover 110 that is already been registered through customs as a Series III 109, with 109 VIN plate? Please advise!!!

Thank you

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by DRTPOOR
    Should I be weary of buying a 1983 Land Rover 110 that is already been registered through customs as a Series III 109, with 109 VIN plate? Please advise!!!
    Not weary, but, leary, yes. (Or wary, or leery, etc.)

Seriously, though. It's a common swap, probably wouldn't have any problem....

BUT!!!!

Feds happen to get interested, be prepared to have it confiscated and destroyed. Get into an accident, insurance company finds that it's a swapped VIN, you're hosed.

IMHO, find a genuine '83, registered as an '83, or, a '93 NAS, and save yourself the heartache......

FWIW......
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Any chance you can head down to your DMV and have it corrected to be the authentic 1983 VIN? The trucks are legal now, its just that this one was done illegally at some point. Since YOU didnt do it, I'd think you're safe, but correcting the error will certainly increase the trucks value and saleability.