Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump

Default Fuel Pump

I have to replace my fuel pump, I'm told this mens I have to drop my tank. Does naybody have any experince doing this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Default re: Discovery fuel pump

On our '96 Discovery the fule pump and tank level sending unit is located on the top side of the fuel tank and is accessed via a removable panel in the cargo area. The carpet needs to be lifted to remove the panel, and then the fuel pump ring spun off.

HTH,
    Bob

I concur Dr.
    Just checked the workshop manual..........
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

Really, well thats great. I was dreading having to drop the tank. Iwas also told all I have to do is unscrew the old fuel pump, much like a gas cap and then screw in the new one. Should I jut order the fuel pump off of the website, part #PLF132? Thanks again guys.

I think we are on the 5th fuel pump in our 161K mile '96 Discovery. I keep a good used one as a spare for 'just in case', but the next time I will replace the stock pump with an external pump, and use the stock pump assembly for the fuel level sender. I've used RN or the dealer for the part.

Bob

Wow, six! Where do you get a used fuel pump. mv

I picked up the used fuel pump from a nearby British/Exotic/Land Rover salvage yard that is owned by a friend. His yard has been very convienient....

Bob

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by UNC Discovery
    Really, well thats great. I was dreading having to drop the tank. Iwas also told all I have to do is unscrew the old fuel pump, much like a gas cap and then screw in the new one. Should I jut order the fuel pump off of the website, part #PLF132? Thanks again guys.
    I think Dodge PU trucks have that mason jar type of lid holding the fuel pump down......Land Rovers use a metel ring, which must be rotated......and removed.

There is a good chance it is corroded and perhaps not re-usable, i'd have a new one on hand if you go the used fuel pump route..........
    regards; Dave
    A 1997 Discovery guy from

Default thanks

i apreciate the insight
    UNC Discovery
    GO HEELS!

Smile Fuel Pump Or Relay

My Disco is a 96 with 104mi on it. I'm currently trouble shooting a possible fuel pump problem. But I'm also led to believe it could be a relay problem . There appears to be no power getting to the pump. Do you have any suggestions ? I'm hope it's a relay and not a pump it's much cheaper