Thread: Seat straps

Default Seat straps

I'm looking for a pic that shows how the leather seat strap is attached to the rear of the seat back. I have the parts but just want to see it first. I've seen pics of where the studs connect to the bulkhead but have not been able to find pics of the seat back. Any help is appreciated!

Todd
    '69 Series 2a 88

no series 1 , 2 or 3 vehicles have a ''seat strap'' that fastens to the seat itself, you hafta be talking about another kind of Rover?

It appears this was an option. I’ve already purchased the leather straps and installed the studs on the bulkhead behind the seats. I’ve seen pics of other series that have them installed. The reason I found them is my passenger seat falls forward when I drive down my steep driveway. I thought there might be a solution so I started researching. They are listed in the parts catalogue and RN carries them as well as others.

I have original deluxe seats and the seat backs are made of Masonite. It looks like a rectangular hole is cut to accept the spring tabbed spire nut which will accept the screw that secures the leather strap.

Cheers

Is this of any assistance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web capture_21-11-2023_9417_.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	14449
    Or with metal backed seats

Name:	Web capture_21-11-2023_9927_www.series2club.co.uk.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	14450

There most definitely are seat straps. The 109 SW straps fasten around the bar to a metal post. The 109 2 door and 88's fasten to the rear bulkhead on a metal post (both types show below). Some seats have two straps, others just one. One is all you need. Make sure to measure the distance to the post and test fit it (if possible) before screwing it into the seat back. There is the leather strap, and a rubber bumper pad. The pad differs slightly between the two types.

Name:	Seat back strap 109SW.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	14451

Name:	Seat back strap 109 2door_1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	14452

Name:	Seat back strap 109 2door_2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	14453
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Yes, I bought the parts from the first diagram. Looks like I have to cut a square hole in the Masonite panel on the seat back to accept that spire nut. One chance to get it right so I’ll measure twice and hopefully cut once😜

Thanks for the info and pics!

These are screwed directly into the seat backs on the originals. I don't think you need the spire nut. They aren't holding much force. I'd try that first.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Good point, I was starting to think the same. I'll try that first.