Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

NADA 079 is alive and well in Woodstock, Ga. The truck was originally marine blue and was last painted in the 70's. I have added a Rovers North full length stainless roof rack and converted the original 6 cyl to a 3.0 liter Mercruiser from Robert Davis. Thanks for starting this list, it's nice to see where a few of the trucks are.
    David Porter

Default truck "history"

Thanks Momo. You might recognize me from another board as 67NADA. I am (I think) the 4th owner of this LR. The 3rd owner is a good friend of mine and I knew the 2nd owner. When my friend gave me the truck it had been sitting a while and needed work. My intention was to keep it stock but the engine was frozen up solid. I just couldn't see replacing it with the LR six, since I have never been a fan of them for a variety of reasons. We (my son and I) installed a RD 3.0 Mercruiser, which is another story in itself. The only other non-stock thing is the master cylinder and power unit as used on the series 3 trucks.
    I will dig up some more photos as this 109 had some interesting dealer installed options that I have never seen before.

highmile, I am in Baltimore Maryland, the radiator comment was meant to be a little joke, oh well!

All the best, Michael

Default Dealer Options

Here are a couple of the items that I was talking about: Lucas fog and driving lamps and a manual winch. There are others as well, I will see if I don't have some more pictures. Even back in the sixties dealers were looking for ways to skim some more money out of the deal!

Michael

Damn! I guess that you would have to decide which was more work, digging out or working that winch!

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Swingkeel

I figured that had to be some sort of joke, but hey, maybe it is the only original item left from the original truck?
    Former owner of 1967 Series IIA 109 NADA
    1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7
    1995 Range Rover Classic SWB

Quote Originally Posted by highmile
    Dashface

Thanks for posting. Where are you located?
    Victoria, BC.

If it's not terribly rude, I'm going to throw in three more pics - mostly for O'Brien's benefit. He's been wanting to see the interior of my truck for a long time, but I keep forgetting to send him the pictures

#34300768 Located in Arkansas. Carawagon "Continental" Conversion.

Pretty good stock original condition, with the exception of some missing Carawagon conversion parts.

Originally sold in Toronto, Canada to a commercial fisherman , who was living in New Jersey, when he sold it to:

Michael D'Amico, Buxton, North Carolina Outer Banks area, was the second owner, and was who removed a bunch of the camper "stuff" He kept it for several years, but the next owner never "claimed it".

Keith Klemmer, Lt Col. AR National Guard purchased it in February 2001, and drove it without incident from Kitty Hawk, NC to Russellville, AR. The heater valve was clogged, "hence the trip over the Appalachians in February was a bit on the memorable side."

The fourth owner, William Mitchell, North Little Rock, AR only had it a couple of months before he bailed out.

I am the fifth owner. Purchased it in October 2006 I have added a Roverdrive, and replaced the head gasket. I added a step on the passenger side, I have also replaced various other miscellaneous parts.
    Last edited by giorgio; 03-31-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Update information

Default #21

I have recently inherited 34300021A from the original owner, Harry. Harry past away in November and thought I would be good for the old Rover. He loved the Land Rover and talked about it often. I never saw it until I owned it. Harry put 66k miles on it and kept it in the garage for the last 25+ years of it's life. It needs some work, but mainly just seals and minor maintenance. After a tuneup, carb kit and some fuel lines replaced, it's up and running very well. The Rover now resides in Denver, CO. I'm not sure if I have the space to hang on to it with the care it needs (Garage space).
    I could use advice on typical maintenance issues and value if someone's willing to help a Rover newbe.
    I normally drive a well modified Tacoma in the hills, but don't hold that against me. It gets me there when most others can't. I'm kinda hard on trucks, so I'm afraid of hurting the Rover. Is this normal? Just how tough are they?

Kevin Hiller

Kevin

Welcome to the world of Series Land Rovers. I have added your truck to the registry. I am sure others can and will chime in with any maintenance suggestions.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Former owner of 1967 Series IIA 109 NADA
    1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7
    1995 Range Rover Classic SWB

Thanks Jeremy. I read your article in The Rovers North News. You did a very nice job aquiring your Series, and writing the article. Hope to see you around in the hills someday.