Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Superstator
    Not really sure, vehicle tarped over, lots of snow.Will check that out once I get a chance. Have sent info off to Land Rover UK traceability Dept ( Eric Pagan) might as well get the info from the builder.
    Mark

Thanks for the calrification. So the ones with the 2.25l are "regular North American imports" (or ex-MoDs or other original foreign country vehicles brought over later). Only the 6-cylinder trucks (with other specs as pointed out by Blueboy) are NADA.

Mine is an original US import, but not NADA.

Default 109 NADA

Pat Fought #34300456A currently in Shelby Ohio, Via Alaska. I purchased it in 1981.
    It will soon be on a 1992 RRC chassis due to frame corrosion.

The NADA's also have a different bulkhead than the 2-1/4 trucks. The transmission cutout is larger and more square.

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by S11A
    Thanks for the clarification. So the ones with the 2.25l are "regular North American imports" (or ex-MoDs or other original foreign country vehicles brought over later). Only the 6-cylinder trucks (with other specs as pointed out by Blueboy) are NADA.

Mine is an original US import, but not NADA.

Or, an engine swap.

My 88" '72 SIII is like yours, a 'NADA' vehicle, in that it was built intended to be an export to the US. But no, it is not what is referred to when most people refer to a NADA Rover.... just the '67 2.6L 6-cyl 109 SW's for the US. Be aware: here is a 6-cyl that was available elsewhere, in the UK, Europe, etc., but it isn't the NADA 6-cyl, has a different head, could be RHD, etc.
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Default #2 NADA-update

I recently purchased the #2 nada from Matt Obrien

So if the registry is still being updated

Here is my info

Tim Capelle, St Paul Mn NADA 109 - going to be getting a "continental carawagon conversion"

Pictures soon... I need to go dig the caulk, sawdust and paint out of my hair and fingernails

-Tim

Default Carawagon Conversion

I would be curious to know more about your Carawagon Conversion project. I believe that I have the only NADA 2.6L Carawagon ever shipped to the US. It has had much of the original Carawagon pieces removed, seats, cabinets, etc. They were supposedly stored for years in a mini storage on the East Coast somewhere. If I should ever want to re-convert it back to a camper I would enjoy seeing photos of your project.

Source data: http://www.lrfaq.org/Series/FAQ.S.ch...ering.343.html

D 74 34300768 31 Jul 1968 27 Aug 1968 Marine Blue Searle, Sunbuy-Thames

(Searle Sunbury on Thames was name and location of the Carawagon Conversion "factory")

Default Another NADA6

I have 34300260 and have had since October 1988. Non-runner. I separated the pistons from the block with a twelve pound hammer in 89'. I sold the engine to Marc Hoffman along with another 67' NADA6 in awful condition in 1990.

My long term goal is to rebuild. 292 I6, NVG4500, LR transfer case, Salisbury rear axle, complete rewire, Procar Elite seats. Space and too many other projects get in the way. My 101 RHD GS is next on the get it running list.

Attachment 1583

Geoff

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Geoff, Welcome to the forum! Yes, keep us posted on your 109, looks nice. These guys eat up info, more photos please...

ps... YSI logo on the door, thought that looked familiar! One of my first jobs was working at the sailing center in Los Gatos, Ca at Vasona Lake.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Default 34300260 history

I purchased the truck from YSI (Youth Science Institute) in 1987(corrected date).

The history that I know of: Sold By San Jose British Motor Cars new. It was used for several ears then parked up on a hillside in the Los Gatos area. Donated to YSI in about 1984. It was used on a trip to Joshua Tree and broke a half shaft and damaged the rear differential. Driven back to Los Gatos on the front diff. I was riding my bicycle through Vasona Park in the summer of 85’ and noticed it sitting there. I believe I left a note on the truck enquiring about it. Shortly there after I received a call at work up in Chico wondering what I might know about getting it repaired. My suggestion was to take it to West Coast British in Dublin. They called Mike, and then called me back to see if I knew of a means of getting it up to his shop. The next weekend I headed home to Los Gatos with the tow bar and tow bar bumper off my 62’ 109 PU in the back of my F250. Sunday morning I flat towed the truck up to Mike’s shop where he did the work to get it running again. I stopped by YSI a couple of times to see how the truck was holding up over the next year or so. In August or September of 87’ I received a call that YSI wanted to sell the truck and wonder how much it might be worth. I told them what I thought it was worth. They asked me if I wanted to purchase it and I purchased it. I believe I was aware there was a problem with getting it to start. Turned out a bigger problem than I had thought it was. The float was cracked and the electric fuel pump had filled the cylinders with a mixture of fuel and water, thus the need for a hammer to separate the cylinders from the block. The truck only has about 43,000 miles on the odometer. The paint is dead but the body is straight. I have not done much to the truck except use it as parts storage for the spares I have accumulated.

Geoff