Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Quote Originally Posted by highmile
    Gregor

I only see #284 on WCB's website. Is there another or did you get your numbers mixed up?
    Man,
    I've got to dtop drinkning at work.

Default nada truck in santa cruz

Jeremy,
    I did go look at that truck..
    Its pretty rusty and in sad shape. It was once very nice. The frame has some repairs, all the door frames are rusted out. Bulkhead looks good. Interior looks very good for its age. Paint is shot, engine doesnt run, hydrualics in bad shape (brakes and clutch)

certainly not worth the asking price.
    1968 Land Rover "Park Ranger" camper **SOLD**
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    NADA Dormobile #601 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK

I have NADA number 536, which was completed on November 25th 1966 I believe.

Still has the orginal paint and interior, both of which are in reasonably good condition - the interior is actually pretty great.

A few things were changed by the previous owner to make it a bit more to their liking as a long-haul truck - it had a larger heater installed, upgraded electronics, a modern tach, overdrive, and a Chevy 250.

At the moment, I'm still struggling to find a rad that will fit. Once that's done, I'll be drivin' her around. For now, I overheat after about fifteen kilometers.

I'm currently working on the radiator thing too. I've got a Chevy 292 in my beastie. Mine is a bit of a kluge of two rads stacked on top of each other and offset to clear the steering relay. There is a rat's nest of hoses connecting all this.

My design so far is:
    1. 22W X 18H X ?D radiator offset to the right of the steering relay.
    2. I will then mount a 7"W x 12"H X ?D engine oil cooler above the relay. That fills the space nicely.
    3. I'll then mount a 14 X 181/2 X ?D aircon heat exchanger in front of the other two.
    4. I'm now looking at fans and shrouds. My preference would be to stick with the 18" engine fan and build a fan shroud to help efficiency. If this prooves to be a pain in the posterior then I'll just go with 'lecky fans in a shroud from one of the usual suppliers.

Cheers
    Gregor

There are a couple of radiator manufacturers that specialize in custom radiators for racing and other applications. You can specify the core dimensions, number of rows, number of passes, mounts, and end tank style/hose fitting location.

A full custom one might not be cheap, but if I had to guess I would think that they likely already make one close to what you would need that would drop in.

I have a Fluidyne in the track/autox car, and am very happy with the quality, fit, etc. This is on a twin-turbo RX-7 which is pretty tight up front with intercooler and AC stuff in that location too. I think the shop I use found a Fluidyne core that was pretty close to drop-in with some minor mount fabbing and now offers this as a retail item.

This page from the Fluidyne web site has one that seems close to what you are looking for Gregor, although I do not know how the hoses are arranged on the 292:

http://www.fluidyne.com/pl_racing_universal.html

I am guessing one to fit the Chevy ought to be way cheaper than the one for the rotary...

Dashface

Thanks for posting. Where are you located?
    Former owner of 1967 Series IIA 109 NADA
    1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7
    1995 Range Rover Classic SWB

Quote Originally Posted by S11A
    There are a couple of radiator manufacturers that specialize in custom radiators for racing and other applications. You can specify the core dimensions, number of rows, number of passes, mounts, and end tank style/hose fitting location.

A full custom one might not be cheap, but if I had to guess I would think that they likely already make one close to what you would need that would drop in.

This page from the Fluidyne web site has one that seems close to what you are looking for Gregor, although I do not know how the hoses are arranged on the 292:

http://www.fluidyne.com/pl_racing_universal.html

I am guessing one to fit the Chevy ought to be way cheaper than the one for the rotary...
    If it was a simple square hole it would be easy. Unfortunately the Chevy engine is longer which drives the radiator up over the front cross member. At this point you have to clear the steering relay which then gives you an envelope something like 29" x 18" but missing a piece out the lower left corner 4" x 7". It makes an odd shape to fit which is why I was looking at the offset radiator and then filling the gap above the relay with an oil cooler.

Now, of course, if I wasn't so lazy I'd just move the front cross member forward about 3" and have a nice big square hole to fill which would make it far too easy.

Cheers
    Gregor

Default 1967 NADA

34300380A here........... with original radiator.

Swingkeel... that's a very nice looking truck you have. It's got a great patina and from the photo it appears totally stock. Not so much as a CB antenna hole drilled. What's the history? There are very few original Land Rovers left out there.

More pics please!
    '60 SII Station Wagon
    '64 SIIA 109 Regular
    '68 SIIA 88 Station Wagon

Swingkeel

Thanks for posting! Where are you located?
    Former owner of 1967 Series IIA 109 NADA
    1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7
    1995 Range Rover Classic SWB