Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Hi all

I'm new to the idea of owning an 109 NADA Land Rover, wondering if anyone might have a fairly original one for sale? I'm an old car guy who does his own upkeep and maintenance, I have three classic cars in addition to our four daily drivers, and would love to take on the responsibility of a remaining one of the 811.

Thanks

Tim Glahn
    Burke, VA

Quote Originally Posted by bfein1075 View Post
    Riveted on seals?
    yes I checked they are riveted. I did discover the issue, the door is not aligned properly. It’s not sagging but needs to be raised about 3/8” so it aligns with the body line. Need to research best way to do that.

Sounds like me, I have a mix of vintage cars and A Series has always been on my list. The 67 just kinda popped up and once I did research on how few and cool they are I had to make it happen. They are way cool, good luck on your search.

Hi all,

Meant to get to this for some time. Last fall after a number of years I was able to obtain Nada 109 #34300385A from a friend of mine.

Truck has been off the road since the mid 80s. NO rust and straight, but, some assembly required. Plenty of new and spare parts were included. Also 2 6cyl engines, one has been rebuilt? the other is used but good. NO WESTLAKE head. The head appears to be a euro spec 6cyl version.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3907.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	12986
    I am hoping to gather more info on this truck from "the experts" and hope they (this forum) are still providing the registry stickers. ANY info shared will be greatly appreciated. My plan, outside the westlake head, will be a proper restoration.

Thank you.
    Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3914.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	12989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3912.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	12988  

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by berlinabum View Post
    Hi all,

Meant to get to this for some time. Last fall after a number of years I was able to obtain Nada 109 #34300385A from a friend of mine.

Truck has been off the road since the mid 80s. NO rust and straight, but, some assembly required. Plenty of new and spare parts were included. Also 2 6cyl engines, one has been rebuilt? the other is used but good. NO WESTLAKE head. The head appears to be a euro spec 6cyl version.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3907.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	12986
    I am hoping to gather more info on this truck from "the experts" and hope they (this forum) are still providing the registry stickers. ANY info shared will be greatly appreciated. My plan, outside the westlake head, will be a proper restoration.

Thank you.
    Mark
    please post picture of the engines.

i have 2 Nada's both running 2.6L

Josh T
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

The truck is in storage up north. When I get back up there what in particular shall I photograph of the engine?
    Ben @mendorecce had given me some details on this 109 just curious if anyone had crossed paths with this truck early in its history.

Thanks Mark

I'm sticking my nose into this conversation without an invitation. I will begin by providing the fact that 10 years ago I had a UK Rover Mechanic as an advisor and parts source. This man was older than I was at the time and I was in my 70's. I can, if necessary, spend a day or two trying to locate all of the information I accumulated regarding the Suffix B Weslake Head in my communications with Alan. Three years ago I tried unsuccessfully to contact him. The oil return ports in the Weslake Suffix B head are different from the euro engines and match up with our block. Over the years many owners have contacted me for help. Frequently, I would forward their emails to Alan who would answer their questions and copy me with his response. I would file his response in my file for the individual with the question, not my Alan file.

The Production Information for 385 appears to have a typo. I am providing the data I downloaded many years ago. I begin with 383.
    383 Begin 8 Nov 66 finish 16 Nov 66 Light Green Shipped Rover San Francisco
    384 Begin 26 Oct 66 finish 16 Nov 66 Light Green Shipped Rover San Francisco
    385 Begin 26 Oct 66 finish 29 SEPTEMBER 66 Light Green Shipped Rover Los Angeles
    386 Begin 6 Oct 66 finish 14 Oct 66 Light Green Shipped Rover Los Angeles
    387 Begin 3 Oct 66 finish 10 Oct 66 Light Green Shipped Rover Jacksonville email me if you have questions. Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Thank you,

It appears this truck was part of a production run of light green rovers destined for the west coast of the U.S.
    I may be in touch when I begin work and sorting the additional parts included.
    It appears this was built in a reverse calendar fashion. Oct start Sept finish.

Mark

Just picked up my first Land Rover. It's 34300104. It's missing the engine and winch but everything else seems complete. After I got it home and started brushing off all the 20 plus years of dirt and dust I discovered what I think to be a rather rare NADA. The vin history is, "Your Unit began production 4 May and was completed 19 July 1966. It was painted Limestone and shipped to HDO Brant Rover N. America. I believe the HDO could indicate that it might have been scheduled for further modification, or was pre-sold to Brant." Can someone enlighten me where Brant is? This does seem to have quite a few modifications that seem to be original from the factory. If you look at the pictures I have a lot of labeling and extra switches on the dash. All these labels are identical and because tires was spelled "tyres" and there is also another for "petrol" I think it was done at the factory and not here but I could be wrong. I have no history on this at all except the previous owner thought it came from Colorado before him. These modifications include to my limited knowledge. A rear heater pictured below under the rear seat. An electric winch which is now missing. Dual battery setup. Unity auxiliary light package. There is also a large metal box bolted down in the rear which has a nice stencil that reads "Spare Parts". Because of these upgrades and the bug screens covering the side rear windows I wonder if this was used for overlanding in Canada or possibly Alaska? I may never get the story of this 109 but it sure gets my imagination going.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IZ7A6305 (1).jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	12990

Name:	IZ7A6349 (1).jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	12991

Name:	20190223_105946 (1).jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	12992

Name:	20190223_105929 (1).jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	12993

Name:	20190223_110053 (1).jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	12994

This is the first time that I have endeavored to solve the HDO Question. My research has not provided much information. I can state conclusively that none of the approximately 50 HDO's went to he same place. They were in every color offered, sent to a number of states including Wyoming and Ohio, plus several to various Canadian Provinces, and none had the same name. Several were apparently sold to foreigners residing in the US. One German, one Brit, and one from France. I had "guessed" that HDO meant that they were sent to a "Specialty" shop for modification. 50 "specialty" shops in 2 countries is not logical.

Our unit was very expensive. With 4 ton Koenig Winch, powered off the front PTO, I paid just under $6K for it. That was 6 months pay for a USMC Captain. The sales to "Foreigners" may be a clue. Extending credit to non-citizens was not a common practice. It is possible that HDO meant that the unit was pre-paid.

The photo's showed about the same interior as Clarence. The metal plate in your bottom photo is the only non-factory component shown in these photo's. The under seat heater was most certainly an "add-on". It was not offered when I purchased Clarence. If I can be of any help email me at redbrush2@yahoo.com.

Jim Chandler