Thread: I would like your vote please

thumb-up I would like your vote please

The folks putting on the Overland Expo East is having a "Cool Ride" contest for people attending the show. They have set up a web page for every vehicle that enters and a like button below each vehicle entry. You are only allowed to vote once (I think it is handled by a cookie). Anyway since I will be there selling copies of my new book and teaching classes I entered my 1960 Land Rover Dormobile. I have owned and extensively traveled in the 56 year old Dormobile for 38 years. http://www.overlandexpo.com/coolride...he-green-rover

I'm being outvoted by a vanilla looking 2005 Toyota 4Runner with a roof tent. He is doing a better job than I am at going to various forums and begging for votes. So I thought I had better up my game.

I would very much appreciate you going to the web page with my entry and voting for the 56 year old 1960 Land Rover Dormobile. How is a 2005 vanilla Toyota 4Runner a cooler overland travel vehicle than a Series Land Rover Dormobile with decades of overland travels in its history???

In case you are wondering, the winner gets a certificate worth $500 for purchases from expo vendors during the last day of the show. Most of my recovery gear is over 35 years of age and should be replaced or updated.

SO please, I would very much appreciate your vote.
    Last edited by TeriAnn; 09-17-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: fix typo

A similar rally call for votes for your Dormobile was posted a couple weeks ago on the Guns and Rovers forum, bringing in a bunch of votes for you. Your competition is definitely doing a good job of vote-begging; He's not even close to being the coolest Toyota there, let alone coolest of ALL the vehicles entered in the contest.

It seems to be true--you can't vote for the same vehicle more than once--I just tried and the "likes" count didn't go up.

Good luck!

Once again, the link to vote for TeriAnn's Dormobile (click on the little heart below the write-up):

http://www.overlandexpo.com/coolride...he-green-rover
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

You can if you're on a different computer - vote #2

Voted!