Hey Guys!

Some of you may have seen my WANTED thread some time ago. I was looking for a Series truck. Well, I finally got one back in Jan.

Its a prestine (relatively speaking) 1965 Series IIa 109 Five Door. Its a RHD and runs a 2.25 Dsl.

I was a sight-unseen purchase based on bad photos. It was a steal at the price the owner was asking so I rolled the dice and went for it. I was amazed to find the truck in excellent condition. All perches, outriggers, cross members and the rest of the frame is intact with minor surface rust or..Patina..lol

The Bulkhead is nearly perfect. The interior still has areas where the original paint is in like-new condition...

The engine does turn over but I havent really tried to get it to start yet since there has been A LOT to clean up...

So far, the roof is off, the floor panels and hardware holding the tub down has been getting the PB Blaster treatment. I hope to have the tub off soon and get the frame up on stands so I can begin to disassemble the suspension | drivetrain components.

I plan to finish disassembly with a bare frame that will be cleaned, prepped and ready for the galvanizer.

I'm mainly over at the LRO boards but I will definitely keep this thread updated with all the work I do since there is an abundance of Series knowledge flowing through this board.

Back to work now...