Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project: Wilks

Default Grad School

Okay, I finished up this semseter's grad coursework, so will get back on the truck as soon as the weather breaks. Keep your finger crossed.

Default Progress at Last!

Okay Guys,

I finally made some time for the project and pulled the firewall out yesterday. Here it is sitting in my shop, now I have to strip it before I strip it. The windshield frame is ready for cleaning as well.

Wish me luck!

Greg

Luck!

Don't forget to mark all those lovely bits so you know where they are supposed to go, before they end up in the trash.

Well, I do take lots of photos... but you would not believe how many bags of "Misc." parts I have...

I got a new camera and have to downsize the photos, but will update that soon too.

By now you guys have given up on me, but...

My buddy from the paint shop came to the machine shop on Friday and wanted me to come take a look at the truck bed portion of my project... wow. It looks great. So he needs more parts now.

I have five doors and the roof plus a few odds and ends. With luck, we should start putting on top coat in the next month or so!

Ha! Wishful thinking. Still hampered by money, but making slow progress never-the-less. Having a bear of a time getting the front suspension off the blooming beast...

I am making some progress here. Still have to get the bushings out of the frame (grrr) and lack tons of parts, but everying sent by RN works just like advertised. Now if I can only find another OEM wiper motor...

Wow! Haven't been here in a while! Any updates on Project Wilks?

After 6 years, it's either finished, or sold off as parts.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Looks like a great starter truck. Mine was in the same shape when I purchased 20 years ago. In the process I placed many new parts on truck, all electrical, wiring loom, all plumbing and hydraulics, used motor, rebuilt tranny, and drive train parts, and of course interior and paint.
    Take your time, and work within a budget, and then talk with others as you are doing. Keep posting pics, good luck.