Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Rovers for Free

Default 2 Rovers for Free

1959 88 Type 2. RHD. Rough condition, but was a daily workhorse on the farm until it was parked 2-3 years ago. Would probably start with a battery and some fresh petrol.

Mid Sixties 88 for parts.

Come with your trailer and take both away. Located in S. Royalton, VT.
    My phone # is in my profile.

-leif lawhite

Nice deal for someone!!!

yowsers. good thing you don't live in california, my wife would kill me!
    Matt
    '66 88 GM powered
    '89 SWB RRC (sold)
    '67 109 NADA 6cyl. Station Wagon #2 (sold)

interested! this could be a good permanent addition to the farm up north (for continued farm use)...
    Last edited by Bostonian1976; 04-14-2008 at 01:03 PM.
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

why do the free rovers have to be so far away ? that's ok we are out of room in our driveway and our homes association wont let me park vehicles in the yard

I don't suppose either rover is a hard top are they ? if so and someone picks them up I would be interested in a hard top

If memory serves, the parts one for parts is hard top - though I can't recall the condition of the top.

The '59 is defininately not hardtop. Had canvas top until about 1966 - when our family goat climbed up on it and fell through. We came home to find her supported on her belly by the top - with all four legs sticking down into the cab. My dad replaced the cab top with a masonite one - which has been in service now for about 40 years. The back has been open - the easier to load it up with firewood. For some reason we always kept the bars up over the back - better for kids to climb on I guess.

-leif

Quote Originally Posted by LeifLW
    If memory serves, the parts one for parts is hard top - though I can't recall the condition of the top.

The '59 is defininately not hardtop. Had canvas top until about 1966 - when our family goat climbed up on it and fell through. We came home to find her supported on her belly by the top - with all four legs sticking down into the cab. My dad replaced the cab top with a masonite one - which has been in service now for about 40 years. The back has been open - the easier to load it up with firewood. For some reason we always kept the bars up over the back - better for kids to climb on I guess.

-leif
    thanks, LOL about the goat, I assume the goat was alright ?

Why do you need a Series to transport goats?

Quote Originally Posted by ducttape
    Why do you need a Series to transport goats?

wow - you must have gotten some interesting looks on the road
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Why, think we looked unusual?