Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LT95 need parts

I'm pulling the lt95 out of my 110 with 115k this weekend. I'm going to a TDI setup with lt230. Anyone want to snag it up for $200 + shipping. If not I'm going to ship it to the buyer of my current diesel engine.

Man, I live on the wrong side of the country.

Just try living in the middle.....I'm always "on the wrong side"!
    Don't worry, you're biodegradable.

what will the low range in a lt95 be like if it is out of an 81 classic it will be pushing 34" tires with 3:54 diffs? will I be fristrated going too fast. I will be using a fresh 3.9 to push a 100" defender pick-up around. thanks

I am not sure about that specific set up but look at Teri Ann's site to compare the LT95 to other gear ratios - if that helps...

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/gear_ratio.htm

The thing to note on the LT95 is that there are a few different sets of HI-RANGE gears in the xfer box side - depending on what it was originally installed in. (Range Rover is highest and 101 / Stage One is lowest - I think)
    Firemanshort
    1980 Stage One
    (Past owner of 1973 Series III - Highlander)

thanks, looks like the truck will have a 62:1 ratio before i switch the diffs to toyota 5.29's