Thread: Service Engine Light, no codes

Default Service Engine Light, no codes

My '97 has turned on the Service Engine Light. I plugged in the Reader and am getting no codes. I have heard there is an internal emmissions check that turns the light on at selected intervals. Can anyone confirm this? Can I turn it off or do I need to take it to a service department to run on their computer to turnit off?
    Rover is an Attitude! Offical Worldwide Jeep Recovery Vehicle!

The 'Service Engine' light is turned on by the BeCM at various mileage intervals. You can't turn it off with a generic OBDII code reader & it isn't related to any actual fault codes, unlike the 'Check Engine' light (or MIL as it's correctly known).

You can get the light turned off at a RR main dealers using Testbook/T4, or an independent who has Autologic, ROVACOM or similar equipment.

Cheers,
    Chrisall.