Thread: Disco II running a bit rough.

thumb-up Disco II running a bit rough.

Hi from New Zealand!!

I'm looking fer clues... Me '00 V8 DII is running a bit rough at idle. It has just had new plugs and leads. It was running on 7 when I got it 3 weeks ago. The new plugs saw to that. It has all the hallmarks of a bad MAF but I tried unplugging it today while it was idling rough and it made no difference. My Scangauge has picked up a P0150 (O2 sensor bank 2) code afew times and I have had a P0174 (too rich on bank2) once. On the open road it appears almost to be starving of fuel under accelleration etc which points to the bad MAF. Over 200RPM it seems to be better.

Have you any clues? Ireckon it is a bad MAF but dont want to wast money on 1 if it aint!

Thank you

Oliver

I have similar issue, especialy after rain. I replaced MAF, sparks. I am now thinking about replacing ingnition wires

i have an 01 disco and it was running extremly rough at idle and driving, so i replace the o2 sensors' didn't do much, and then relpaced the plugs and wires made a huge difference, but it still idles rough, so i think it could be a vacuum leak causing the MAF to mess up witch causes it to run rich. I dont know if that helps or not but thats my next step