Thread: Help ABS problems!

Default Help ABS problems!

I have a '99 P38 RR and my brake system suddenly started acting up yesterday with the following symptoms:
    When I started the truck up and puched the brake pedal it had almost no proessure and the light turned on. After letting it sit for awhile, it built up pressure. If I drive it, the light turns on when I hit the pedal, but they system has pressure and the light turns off after a second and the brakes maintain adequate pressure.
    The pump turns on every 40 seconds for about 1 second the entire time the truck is running.
    I need to figure out what is wrong and taking it to a dealer is not an option where I am currently living.
    Thanks,

Jeremy
    eisenbrj@msoe.edu

In the shop, doing the Lord's work, one broken Rover at a time!

First off, check for fluid loss. If no evidence of fluid loss, it sounds like you have an accumulator issue and probably should replace the accumulator. It's not a bad job and easy to bleed when finished.