Thread: Brake Problems

Default Brake Problems

I got a brake problem. Rather I have no brakes. The felt fine before and little over a week ago my pedal went straight to the floor. I noticed that my fluid was low. Almost empty, so I filled it up, bled the lines, topped it off and am still having the same issues. While I was bleeding the brakes I didnt notice any air in the lines, but when I step on the pedal, I hear a whosshing sound. Traced it down to the ABS control box. Is there a way to bleed it or is it just bad? The ABS light is on also. Ill go a see what code I pull from that, though I got a feeling I know what the code is going to be. (bad brake switch, fixed).any ideas on what this could be? any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by CrescentFresh
    I got a brake problem. Rather I have no brakes. The felt fine before and little over a week ago my pedal went straight to the floor. I noticed that my fluid was low. Almost empty, so I filled it up, bled the lines, topped it off and am still having the same issues. While I was bleeding the brakes I didnt notice any air in the lines, but when I step on the pedal, I hear a whosshing sound. Traced it down to the ABS control box. Is there a way to bleed it or is it just bad? The ABS light is on also. Ill go a see what code I pull from that, though I got a feeling I know what the code is going to be. (bad brake switch, fixed).any ideas on what this could be? any help is appreciated.
    You most likely have a rusted brake line, letting the fluid run out and that's what the wooshing sound is. Have someone pop their head under the truck while you push the brakes, and hopefully they'll spot the leak.

No need to hook the truck up to anything to bleed the brakes, unless it's a D2.
    -------------------------------------
    -Gavin
    WWW.VTXS.ORG

Sounds like Master C. to me.
    JohnMc
    QC Canada