Thread: Fairey overdrive (complete unit) for sale

Default Fairey overdrive (complete unit) for sale

I am selling a complete Fairey O.D. unit in very good condition. Recently pulled (November 2023) from an operational S2A 109. The vehicle had been modified with Ford 302 to Series 2A tranny and 2A T-Case. I drove it shortly and it operated very well with no whine noise at highway speeds. The Fairey O.D. was designed for stock L.R. 4cyl. or 6cyl engines and is generally not recommended for modified V-8 hp and torque. The unit received a rebuild kit in 2018 and has always had fresh gear oil and no leaks. The internal and exterior gears look really good with no pitting, scarring, or chipping. It shifted very smooth in all 3 forward gears.
    Shifting into high range O.D. at about 50mph in 4th gear will give you a reduced engine and transmission RPM, increased mileage without loss of power @ cruising speeds and gently paved terrain. A stock 2.25 L.R. engine should cruise at 60-65 with this unit at greatly reduced RPM over stock.
    All necessary parts included to just bolt up to your Series Transfer case and clutch slave bracket/ bellhousing.

I am asking $650 for this nice unit with Buyer paying for shipping. I am including a lightweight plywood box for shipping. The total weight of the unit in the box is ~43 lbs. Payment by bank draft or personal check, or local cash and pick-up. Unit ships when check is cleared.
    Contact 406-579-2412 or goclassic1931@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1713 (2).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	14488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1714 (3).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	14489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1756 (1).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	14490  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1763 (1).jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	14491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1765.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	14492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1760.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	14485  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1761 (2).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	14486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1715 (2).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	14487  

Follow-up:

Link for Fairey O.D. Manual: https://site.lrch.nl/sites/default/f...e%20Manual.pdf

I am including: Complete operable used Overdrive Unit, Complete Clutch Sleeve with roller bearing in good used condition, Shift linkage and brackets, stock stick shift and knob. The special castle nut and two flat and toothed washers are not included. They are in all working S2a T-cases to mount the drive gear.

yea, i'd swoop this up but i've been spending money like crazy, maybe in a few weeks but unfortunatly not now!

PM sent