Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: BUGEYE Registry

Updated list on first page. Added Bill's Bugeye that is for sale.

Thanks Bill!!
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Default 69 Bugeye

I will soon be the new owner of a red Bugeye VIN#24436207F. Currently in your registry under Bill-Williamsport,PA.
    The history of this truck that I know is that it was owned by a Bill in Maine from around 1990 until Bill in PA bought it in March 2010.
    I looked at the truck when Bill in Maine had it for sale under "oldredbugeye" on the forum. Truck is quite original except galv frame. I thought it ran good, shifted fine, needed some time/$ invested to make it good. Not right at the time for what I was looking for. Sold a completed project this spring so was looking for another, this is it.
    Bob - Plattsburgh area New York State

Default A Bug Eye New to Registry

I am in the process of a frame off restoration of a 1970 Series IIA.
    Serial# 00667K244360797, Chassis #24436079F4
    I have a fair bit of history however there may be some holes I will be able to fill-in later. This Vehicle started it's service in Hope, British Columbia, spent some time in Alberta and drew it's last breath in Wentworth, Nova Scotia. Currently this Pastel Green beauty is on life support in Fredericton, New Brunswick, (Canada). She is sitting on a new galvanized chassis and her axles are currently supporting her transmission. Should have her origional engine reunited by this Saturday.
    Her body was in remarkable condition and unmolested. Monday marks her date for "plastic surgery". Thankfully she only requires a nip and a tuck. I was fortunate enough to source two "good used" front panels and they were indeed in good shape. Everything else was pretty much good to go.
    The only unfortunate note is, this lovely lady will not be in attendance at the British car show in Windsor, Nova Scotia this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Fowler View Post
    I am in the process of a frame off restoration of a 1970 Series IIA.
    Serial# 00667K244360797, Chassis #24436079F4
    I have a fair bit of history however there may be some holes I will be able to fill-in later. This Vehicle started it's service in Hope, British Columbia, spent some time in Alberta and drew it's last breath in Wentworth, Nova Scotia. Currently this Pastel Green beauty is on life support in Fredericton, New Brunswick, (Canada). She is sitting on a new galvanized chassis and her axles are currently supporting her transmission. Should have her origional engine reunited by this Saturday.
    Her body was in remarkable condition and unmolested. Monday marks her date for "plastic surgery". Thankfully she only requires a nip and a tuck. I was fortunate enough to source two "good used" front panels and they were indeed in good shape. Everything else was pretty much good to go.
    The only unfortunate note is, this lovely lady will not be in attendance at the British car show in Windsor, Nova Scotia this month.
    Let's see some pics of her; any!

Default Bug Eye Pictures

I will attempt posting a couple of pictures.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gordon/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Bug%20Eye%20Chassis%20and%20axles/Bug%20Eye%20Chassis%20and%20axles%20006.jpg[/IMG]

Gordon,

Thanks for the pics. Good luck with the rebuild!

I have heard people say that there are no 1970 Bugeyes. Although I believe it was certainly possible, yours is the first one I have seen.

Thanks for the contribution.

-Gary

Default 69 bugeye

I am the new owner of the red Bugeye VIN#24436207F. Currently in your registry under Bill-Williamsport,PA.

Post pics please!!

Registry updated 7-31-10

Default Bugeye picture

here are a few pictures of my bugeye. I am in the process of doing some restoration work on the truck so it's wings are removed.

Gary,
    You are no-doubt correct. I went by the registration which may not reflect the date of manufacture. Manufacture plate is with body shop. I will check and confirm date of manufacture.
    Gordon