Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: BUGEYE Registry

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
    Pic for when the link goes bad...

24436167F

-Jeff
    Thanks for posting. I'll update the registry listing with your information. BTW, my sister lives on the other side of the canyon in Cool. Send more photos of how nice and dry it is out there, thanks.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

yet another Bugeye, this one turned into a 109 coiler. https://picasaweb.google.com/1125564...UQ&feat=email#

-Jeff

Default The Bob I chased down?

Quote Originally Posted by Opabob View Post
    Hi there. New member here. You can update registry from:

24435864F--Jim Schroeder, Seattle, WA. Currently listed for sale here.

to:

24435864F-- R. Bradley, Portland, OR

Jim sold his truck to me.

Hello Bugeye's!

We're new 69 IIa owners... but looks like it's not a bugeye... barely... 24438008G. That said, we just plucked it from Redmond, WA two weeks ago, and hauled it down to Tigard, Oregon, and are SUPER happy about it!

Anyways, I'm replying to Bob's post, because, (i believe) he just drove by my house a few hours ago... I have a nice view out the window, from my home office, and after I saw him chugging up the hill, tracked down my keys, searched for some shoes, found a hat, then I ran out, jumped in my car, and chased him down... It wasn't hard, I think I could have also grabbed lunch...

As we blocked traffic, chatting for a minute, he said to post in the Bugeye registry here, and he'd keep an eye out. I was excited to see another 69 IIa owner lives so close! We obviously need to hook up!

Now that I see he also JUST plucked his from Seattle, I understand why he had a new box of heavy duty jack stands, and a creeper in the back... I headed to Sears last week for the same thing.

Here's a pic of our new boy... Has to be a boy... Our '63 Austin Healey MkIII is obviously his big sister... Just need a name... Should be "Rusty"... but I'm hoping that isn't a good long term name!

Be sure to look for 9,999 future posts with questions....

Best,
    Eric & Cindy
    Tigard, OR

Quote Originally Posted by RainyPDX View Post
    Now that I see he also JUST plucked his from Seattle, I understand why he had a new box of heavy duty jack stands, and a creeper in the back... I headed to Sears last week for the same thing.
    Glad you posted, Eric. Maybe not a bugeye, but clearly a Series II, and quite handsome. Nice Healey, too!

I purchased the 69 Bugeye 24435501F from Harry yesterday.

Default Bugeye Purchased in MD....Retiring in FLA...almost

Bought 24435786F on 3/9/12...no regrets!
    Last edited by WilsBoar; 05-17-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Change text

24435996F 1969 Poppy Red, 85k miles, in good running shape. I just bought it from a really nice enthusiast in Maine, it will be on its way to New Jersey in a few weeks. Was originally sold in Maine, spent most of its life in TX, ended back in Maine, and now on its way to NJ for moderate upgrading and years of adventuring!!!!

~Steve

Last edited by Revtor; 01-21-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: added pic

Looks like maybe a wheel stud is missing. If so, I'd be curious to know the type -- threaded or pressed. I need to order one and am not sure how to tell the type.

Quote Originally Posted by Opabob View Post
    Looks like maybe a wheel stud is missing. If so, I'd be curious to know the type -- threaded or pressed. I need to order one and am not sure how to tell the type.

yep youre right.. ill know whats up when i pick it up in two weeks!!!

~Steve

EDIT: Well we all made it home allright, 450 miles or so with no (real) problems! 24435996F is now safely garaged in NJ. Time to go through it and clean her up. -And order some wheel studs! My front wheels have 3/4" lug nuts and my rears are 15/16"! So something is off.
    Last edited by Revtor; 05-27-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front View.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	6751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full Driver Side.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	6752I have a '69 Series IIA for the Bugeye Registry. The S/N is 24435870F. I bought it in '87, it ran at the time. I bought it in Va. Beach. Due to a mobile career I ended up putting it in a garage, where it spent 19 years and became a retirement project. The last 6 years its been in the front yard but I'm going to move it back into a garage and start a ground up rebuild. I expect this to be an interesting journey.
    We're located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
    Last edited by cmcgahagin; 07-06-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Adding Pictures