Name:	beye01.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	6949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beye02.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	6950

24436095F is being parted out in NY state, around Utica.

~Steve
    (Not mine)
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

I just purchased 24435868F. It's a project as the photos here show but the frame is in excellent condition. The seller thought it was a 1967. But after looking at lrfaq.org site, it looks like it was produced in March of 1969. So is this a bugeye?

My headlights as you can see are in the breakfast and the wings have no headlights. Is this incorrect?
    1976 Honda CB750F1
    1974 Honda CB360G
    1967 Series IIA

well, if your frame is # 24435868F, then yeah it fits squarely in bugeye territory. I dont really know for sure, but were Rovers made bugeye for europe? Or just Australia and USA? Perhaps it's not originally a NADA truck?

Bugeye means lights on the front of the fenders, no sunken front panels.

~Steve
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Quote Originally Posted by Revtor View Post
    well, if your frame is # 24435868F, then yeah it fits squarely in bugeye territory. I dont really know for sure, but were Rovers made bugeye for europe? Or just Australia and USA? Perhaps it's not originally a NADA truck?

Bugeye means lights on the front of the fenders, no sunken front panels.

~Steve
    His lights are from what I see in the breakfast.
    1974 Series 3 SW - Current
    1995 Defender 90 SW - Sold 2009

From the info I got from his friend graniterover, the basketcase has 2 separate breakfast plates, and wings with the headlight cutouts. It sounds to me like you may have a bugeye, but that it has been transformed over the years with parts from other rovers. The qestion now is, what configuration for the headlights will you choose to assemble it with?
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

From what I gather, bug eyes were made due to new regulations in different countries in regards to headlights. They felt that in the breakfast, the lights would be restricted. So, yes the bug eye was made for the United States. Thats why they call these "federal models". Mine was built for here. It was imported to California to a dealer. The PO of my truck had the VIN traced so the logbook from England shows it. Mine is 24435574F Built on or about Jan 7, 1969
    1969 Series 2a Bugeye

The extra fenders I have are not bigeye but Series III. The PO bought some series III parts including the fenders and breakfast. My vehicle has individual wiper motors, 5" wide sills, common brake and clutch reservoir, all in one ignition key/headlight switch, push button starter switch,Kodiak MK III heater, elephant hide seats, and a space for the battery in the seat box.

Those parts sound pre-bugeye to me.
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

I have to agree, mine hasnt been played with so my key is separate ( to the left of the instruments ) separate light switch and gauge lights and I have a Smiths heater or at least the motor is. Wipers are 12v only,2 speed with washers, separate brake and clutch reservoir.
    1969 Series 2a Bugeye

I just picked up a 1969 Series IIA VIN 24436214F. It originally started out in Anchorage, travelled to Hawaii, and is now in Fairbanks.