Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: BUGEYE Registry

I have a 'bug eye'; for 20 years now because bought it in 1989 and restored it between 1992-97. It was my first car and for the moment my only... Originally it was painted mid-grey and I will restore her once again in the next 5-10 years, probably.

I've started a Flanders/Dutch Series forum two months ago; I'll post a link.

Cheers,

Carl

Here's the link to our forum; feel free to post in english!

http://leafers.11.forumer.com

Cheers,

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by redfoxrovers
    OK

I editted and updated my list (26 #s) which is an XL Spread sheet. I work on my old computer so I do not know how old a version it is.
    I transferred it to this, my wife's computer which needed a different program, WordPerfect, sooooooooo let me know if you can read any of it.

I am anxious to get feedback and update of the limited info I have. Some of the Vins with out "Source" may have come from LRX over the years.

How the hell do I attach this file????????????????

David,

It appears that you have had more than one (or still have more than one), bugeye. Post some pictures of them! have your daughters help you!

We would love to see them.

-Gary
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye109
    Here's the link to our forum; feel free to post in english!

http://leafers.11.forumer.com

Cheers,

Carl

Carl,

Thanks for the contribution. What is the VIN of your vehicle?

Thanks!
    -Gary
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Default 69 Bugeye

I live in Las Vegas and recently aquired a 1969 Series IIa Bugeye. (My first vintage Land Rover. I currently drive a 2008 LR3)
    It is #24435411F.
    Will be doing some research and then deciding what to do with the truck. Not sure if I want to just overhaul the mechanicals and leave the body alone or go for a full resto.

Default SoCal Bugeye

I have a 1969 Land Rover Series IIA - Bugeye VIN # 24436228F. It was originally purchased with the safari top and ambulance door which has since been removed to accomodate the warm and sunny climate of Southern California. I have the original manufacturing date, color, and port of shipment from the British Motor Heritage Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Bugeye
    I live in Las Vegas and recently aquired a 1969 Series IIa Bugeye. (My first vintage Land Rover. I currently drive a 2008 LR3)
    It is #24435411F.
    Will be doing some research and then deciding what to do with the truck. Not sure if I want to just overhaul the mechanicals and leave the body alone or go for a full resto.
    IMHO I would overhaul the mechanics and leave the body for now if everything is pretty straight and there are no rust issues. This way you get to use the truck a bit quicker than with a full restoration and there is something cool about a nice original truck with faded paint.

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by Derrek
    I have a 1969 Land Rover Series IIA - Bugeye VIN # 24436228F. It was originally purchased with the safari top and ambulance door which has since been removed to accomodate the warm and sunny climate of Southern California. I have the original manufacturing date, color, and port of shipment from the British Motor Heritage Trust.
    Any chance at bigger pics? Where in SoCal are you?
    1969 109 P-UP

Default Image Re-size

I just corrected the image size and uploaded larger images. I can post more if your interested. I live in Irvine and work in Newport Beach. I've only seen one other Land Rover Series in the area. A red 109 in Laguna Beach.

Very nice.

Is the canvas sitting in the back or did you have a 'load bed' tonneau cover made?

I am in San Diego with frequent trips to LA for work.

Brent
    1969 109 P-UP