Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: series IIa 88

Default Wanted: series IIa 88

OK, I am going to get serious now.
    I am looking for a series IIa 88, preferably diesel, unless you all tell me there are too many probs with a diesel.
    I want this thing to be restored, but not to show quality. Just nice. Simple car, preferably with a limestone finish.. as I am going to use this as a delivery vehicle for my tiny dairy (I am a cheese maker and I milk 5 Dexter cows! Yea, those are Irish cows with seriously good quality milk!)
    Anyway, I would like it to have mostly new mechanics, and I cannot spend over 10k.
    Think I can find one for that?
    Thanks you all!!!
    Rosie

There was one in the Northampton Ma for sale that would fit the bill I think. I'll see if I can dig up the ad. It wasn't perfect, but was less than your budget so you'd have some left over to tidy anything that wasn't perfect.

Mark

www.pangolin4x4.com Ike usually has very solid trucks for sale. http://www.pangolin4x4.com/pangolin4...ks/trucks.html that 59 truck cab is an awesome looking truck and Ike generally finds very good trucks.

Add some antique gold leaf with your dairy's name and bob is your uncle.

EwS

Default Rover in Northampton

My kid is living in Northampton Ma. and moving in 2 weeks. If you can find out about the possible series it might be that she could drive it for me!
    And yes, I did contact Ike. The green one is sold already.
    Appreciate the leads!!
    Rosie

www.landroverranch.com

1970 middle page. Jim Coryat - also a top notch shop.

EwS

Read the link below, and try contacting the man selling these. Most of his trucks for sale were restored at one point or another by East Coast Rovers. He wants people to make offers, so maybe you could get what you are looking for.
    http://roav.org/forum/index.php?PHPS...4&topic=568.15

The link below takes you directly to his page and you can see the trucks he has (Once the page comes up, click on the land rovers section). If you could get one of these trucks for 10K, it would probably be the best money you ever spent on a rover. He has links to all their builds from ECR.
    http://gettherats.com/
    Good luck, let us know how it works out.

petru Guest

thumb-up Green Truck SII

I bought the SII truck Ike had for sale. It is my first after lusting after one for 7 years. I talked with him at length about being a noob and needing one that would be a good starter truck - rolling project. He has been great about everything, is patient with all my noob questions, it is as he described and I am pleased with it. I would highly recommend him as a resource in your search for your LR.

Wow, you all are so helpful!! These are rover sites I had not found!!
    I will follow up on these!
    Thanks!!
    Rosie

Petru,
    May I ask how much you paid for the truck? You got a nice one!!
    Thanks!

petru Guest

Rosie,
    I have found through my reading that these trucks are worth what you are willing to pay for them. I built up a trusting relationship via many emails and phone calls and bought. That said, I was honest with Ike and simply asked him what he would be comfortable taking for the truck - I was comfortable with the price he quoted and we both walked away feeling good about the transaction (I did anyway and certainly hope he did as well). I got a solid truck that runs and drives, has no immediate issues that I am overly uncomfortable with - but the lazy gas gauge hasn't left me on the side of the road yet either. I haven't had it that long and was just able to get under it yesterday and did some baselining. There are a couple things I am going to look into further for my own education and piece of mind but that won't keep me from driving it. It is very different from the 1997 Landcruiser I just sold and am loving every minute of it!