Thread: Lightweight Soft Top on a Series III 88"

Default Lightweight Soft Top on a Series III 88"

Does anyone know if a soft top and hoop set from a Lightweight will fit on a series III "regular" 88"? Thanks - Jeremy

It will fit fine. Bits of my hood stick set came from a Ltwt. The cappings on the Ltwt and the civilian 88 are the same distance apart. The difference is below there were the civilian 88 widens out.

Brett

I agree. It should be fine.

I've switched out bits and pieces so many times on mine that I don't know what the truck came with and what it didn't.

As for the width? I can shove a standard 88" hard top on my lightweight and it doesn't look too funky. The hard top sides overhang the body capping by about 1/4 inch on each side. The soft top hoops are far more pliable and don't show any overhanging at all.

Cool, Thanks for the replies! - Jeremy