Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Rovers

I'm in Ridgefield ct

Quote Originally Posted by kevin-ct
    I'm in Ridgefield ct
    Hey Kevin,
    I'm your neighbor from Redding. Maybe we met at Winter Romp this year? I was in the lightweight.

I know of at least 5 other rover owners in my town but currently there is only one or two other series trucks that I'm aware of in the bunch. Not that you have to own a series truck to count.

The others were defender owners who just stopped by to say hello.

I also know of a good hand full of other series owners in the adjoining towns but they've yet to figure out the wonders of the interweb forums.

I'm In Stafford with a running Ser III 88" and my Father is in glastonbury with two Ser II's one running the other on it's second frame up. There is a guy just down the road from me with a real nice Ser I 107".

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    Hey Kevin,
    I'm your neighbor from Redding. Maybe we met at Winter Romp this year? I was in the lightweight.

I know of at least 5 other rover owners in my town but currently there is only one or two other series trucks that I'm aware of in the bunch. Not that you have to own a series truck to count.

The others were defender owners who just stopped by to say hello.

I also know of a good hand full of other series owners in the adjoining towns but they've yet to figure out the wonders of the interweb forums.
    Hey Tim, Yes, It was a fun time at the winter romp. This year I had my 1992 RRC there. The Series stayed home! We should hook up one weekend.

Let me know when you have some free time.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevin-ct
    Hey Tim, Yes, It was a fun time at the winter romp. This year I had my 1992 RRC there. The Series stayed home! We should hook up one weekend.

Let me know when you have some free time.

Kevin
    Free time? What is that?

You are welcome any time. I'm still in the middle of a rebuild of my own house. After 3 damned years! Due to one vigilante neighbor, I've yet to move in... long story. But I run a strict open door policy on my job while I'm there full time on the weekends.

Honestly, I'm there almost every weekend working on the place and you are more than welcome to stop by. Ping me through email or private chat to get the location.

Hope all is well with you too!
    ---
    TSR53,
    Can we cross post discussions? This forum should probably go over to the club section due to content but it already has a home in the series section.

Cheers!

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Yes, I moved it over to the proper club forum and left a redirect.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

im located in mystic. i spent last summer overhauling my sIII 88 to get it road worthy.i just turned 16 and it makes one hell-of-a first car. my dad takes his 109 IIa or the sIII stage 1 v8 to work in groton regularly. eventually it would be cool to have a couple of us convoy up to events like the all metal dash event and the winter romp and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager
    im located in mystic. i spent last summer overhauling my sIII 88 to get it road worthy.i just turned 16 and it makes one hell-of-a first car. my dad takes his 109 IIa or the sIII stage 1 v8 to work in groton regularly. eventually it would be cool to have a couple of us convoy up to events like the all metal dash event and the winter romp and what not.
    SIII? Ha! You have it easy. Back in my day, a SII was the first set of training wheels. Not at all the luxury ride of a SIII.

Had to learn double clutching from the get go. After that, pretty much every car since has been an easy drive.

the SIII is an easier drive indeed... the plastic dash and re-located gauges make up for the lack of power steering and non-exsistent brakes.

the first time i got behind the wheel of my dads stage 1 v8 (also a SIII), the friday before memorial day, i got pulled over by a local cop because i was going slow and swerving a little... he suspected i was a drunk driver! later the officer mentioned that i should learn to drive in another vehicle, one that was better maintained and not as old as the 109. HARUMPH!

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager
    the SIII is an easier drive indeed... the plastic dash and re-located gauges make up for the lack of power steering and non-exsistent brakes.

the first time i got behind the wheel of my dads stage 1 v8 (also a SIII), the friday before memorial day, i got pulled over by a local cop because i was going slow and swerving a little... he suspected i was a drunk driver! later the officer mentioned that i should learn to drive in another vehicle, one that was better maintained and not as old as the 109. HARUMPH!
    That cop forgot a really important thing.

The constant yelling father, telling you that you were in reverse when you were going forward and in the ditch when you were not.

Have one of those in your side seat and you're probably above the law in some way.