Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Rovers

Probably. I only went for one of the three days last year, but it was good. It's a good bunch of folk, not a bunch of those going around saying "Oooh, that's not right" and such things. (they would go into overload at a Land Rover meet. There's never been a better vehicle for owners to mod, personalize and add to.)

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager
    any body heading up to the "all metal dash" event in late september?
    Thinking about it but not sure yet.

i'll be there on saturday for sure....but whether or not i'll be in a series rover is still up in the air.

Default Rover in Woodstock

I have an 88 SIIA H. I just finished the frame work, I have a hardtop for her. I just need to put in a new wire harness and radiator in her. Then she is going to be put up for sale. She runs good. It was a fun project. I will get some pics up of the frame. You can see some old one in a previous posting I had.

I am in killingworth CT. I do restorations on the side while I am at Union college. My dad is also into rovers.

Suppose I should put my hand up. Marine Blue 109 in Bethel, CT. Near neighbour of Tim Smith in Redding.

We were idly musing the possibility of a series meet up somewhere local. Nothing major - just park up, have a burger and root beer and poke around each others Rovers. There is a great 1950s style diner in Bethel called the Sycamore (on route 53, route 302 junction) which would be a nice venue for an evening.... (they do cruise nights for old cars in the summer). Anyone interested?

Cheers
    Luke

...or anywhere else for that matter...

Mmm, the Sycamore.

This might want a new thread. Maybe under the events category.

i would definatly be up for a get together of CT rovers.

Hey Luke,
    Do you know when they do their cruise nights? I don't know what night would be best for a burger and a gander.

I'd say that we should do something next week. Just an informal hang out sort of thing. No big deal if folks make it or miss it.

Of course, this means I'll have to find the couple of gears I lost in the rover. Don't want to be driving down in 2nd gear only...