Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CT Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by j visci
    Always interested in getting out on the weekends if anyone is around.
    What about the weekend after thanksgiving?? http://roversnorth.com/forums/showth...3778#post23778

I was planning on heading over either Saturday or Sunday morning. Is anyone meeting up beforehand either day?

we will be starting friday at noonish and continuing until sunday afternoon.

Here are some random pics I took at Forrest Clifton's meet. I hope those of you who were there and don't see a picture of your truck don't feel too dissed. It was very rough walking terrain, so getting from one spot to another wasn't all joy.
    The pics somehow loaded in reverse order from the sequence that they were taken in, but take particular not of the bent pelican hook, and the damage on the tailgate of Forrest's Rangie. He was using a kenetic rope and the hook just bent open. The kenetic rope collapse with an unbelievable amount of energy and hit the tailgate with enough force to not just dent the skin, but completely bukle the tailgate. After it happened, everyone took better care of where they were during winching and such. There were many youngsters around, and fortunately they were well clear.
    Matt Browne and swamp **** were one of the very few, if not the only one to get to the top of the ledge, nit surprising when you look at the truck and know of his reputation. I was happy to finally get a look at Kevin's diesel .
    Thanks CliftonRover for hosting the event. The WX on saturday was cold but clear and dry, but even still, the groundwas pretty slick at the top of the hill. Did you guys ever get back for the hotdogs?

Here's the link to my Photobucket.
    http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp140/onetenterry/

yea it was an awesome event. I did not make it down until sunday for a couple hours with the stage 1. Even the "geriatric" trails were alot fun!

I couldn't make it. Just couldn't do it.

Glad to hear that the event seemed to be a success though.

I believe everyone had a great time, I was glad to have everyone down, and I believe the worst damage that occured all weekend was tailgate, so nothing too devistating occured.

here are my pics from sunday http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&id=646291885

i took as many as i could before my phone died

Saw a green D1 with what appeared to be a 2" lift and some 245/75/16 going south on 91 Saturday morning. Anyone on here? I was northbound in my DII w/ a group of jeeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    Mmm, the Sycamore.

This might want a new thread. Maybe under the events category.
    I love the Sycamore-when are we meeting there?
    1965 109 2door hardtop (restored years ago)
    1971 88 (restored and as new)
    1967 88 (the next project)