Page 101 of 137 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1369

Thread: Show us your Series

Quote Originally Posted by NDNAJNS View Post
    Attachment 7835Attachment 7836Attachment 7837

Fresh from the Pangolin shop in Oregon, here are a couple of photos from my weekend trip bringing my 88 to San Francisco. Ike did an amazing job!

Here's his page with more information: http://www.pangolin4x4.com/projects/rover-dark-grey-88/

So you're the owner of the truck we've been drooling about over on the GnR forum!

http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/s...storation-****

Amazing Rover!

Thanks, all! I still check the garage every now and then to make sure I'm not dreaming. Looking forward to driving it more and working on it myself.

The color was definitely worth the trouble. So pleased that Ike was able to track down an original dark grey, since the mid grey or even burnt grey wasn't what I was looking for. initially, i wanted a nice original patina, but we found this truck part way through a restoration that was mechanically sound with a very solid chassis and bulkhead. Only thing was it had been stripped of all exterior paint. So I bit the bullet. Glad I did.
    1965 88 Petrol
    2009 MB C300

Love the GnR thread...had no idea. Awesome.

Many thanks to Ed in Alaska for going on a gas run when we crossed paths in Scotia, CA. In the 700 miles I drove between Springfield, OR and SF, his sweet expedition SIIA was the ONLY series we came across. It just so happened to be the exact moment that I ran out of gas on the 101. Funny, the gage said I had 1/4 of a tank! What are the odds? But like he said, these rigs are attracted to each other.
    1965 88 Petrol
    2009 MB C300

If you wanted a truck to work on, you got the wrong one. Lets trade. Mine's got a safari hardtop, so its basically an even swap.

nice ride!!!!
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Default Very nice

Thanks, all! I still check the garage every now and then to make sure I'm not dreaming. Looking forward to driving it more and working on it myself.

The color was definitely worth the trouble. So pleased that Ike was able to track down an original dark grey, since the mid grey or even burnt grey wasn't what I was looking for. initially, i wanted a nice original patina, but we found this truck part way through a restoration that was mechanically sound with a very solid chassis and bulkhead. Only thing was it had been stripped of all exterior paint. So I bit the bullet. Glad I did.
    Just wanted to say... Very nice! and enjoy.
    What kind of tyres are those if I might ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Dietersrover View Post
    Just wanted to say... Very nice! and enjoy.
    What kind of tyres are those if I might ask?
    Not sure the exact size based on photos Derek, maybe 235 85 or 255 85, but they're BFG Mud Terrain KM2s.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

They are 235/85. Love these new KM2s. Always had ATs until this set.
    1965 88 Petrol
    2009 MB C300

Love the GnR thread...had no idea. Awesome.

Many thanks to Ed in Alaska for going on a gas run when we crossed paths in Scotia, CA. In the 700 miles I drove between Springfield, OR and SF, his sweet expedition SIIA was the ONLY series we came across. It just so happened to be the exact moment that I ran out of gas on the 101. Funny, the gage said I had 1/4 of a tank! What are the odds? But like he said, these rigs are attracted to each other.
    Chris

Your welcome it was nice meeting you and checking out your rover.

Cheers Ed

They are 235/85. Love these new KM2s. Always had ATs until this set.
    I hear that! I'll be on my 2nd set of KM2s this summer.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Here's a quick pic of the leaker taken in the 20 minutes the sun was out following the blizzard the other day:

--Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).