Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1369

Thread: Show us your Series

Very cool. Love the Seats and interior cloth. cheers thanks for sharing,

I'm spending a couple years working at the US Embassy in Chile and I came across this 1964 2a 109 truck for sale. I had been looking for an early Defender to take home, but I couldn't ignore this beauty. Original motor, original era power steering and brake servo upgrade (we think), and enough benches in back to haul a squadron. My local expert here thinks this was originally a Chilean Air Force truck, as the mods are identical to his known FACh truck, of which there were only a few. It's my daily driver right now. New upholstery is coming soon, followed by some fresh paint. After that, it will remain stock until I take it home to the US in a few years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200930_114307.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	13468

Quote Originally Posted by berrost View Post
    I just found and bought this 1966 Land Rover Series II model 88 that my father bought brand new in 66. She is beat up and needs a lot of TLC so if you have a front left fender let me know.

Attachment 13438Attachment 13437Attachment 13436
    i just bought a LF Fender from rovers North, just not with the outer skin being aluminum, i've since found there is suppose to be someone making them in the SE ........ formed on a wood block?

Hello old friends!
    After more years than I can count, I'm not only back on the forums, I'm reunited with my III RHD! Over the last 5-6 years, I was in some pretty urban areas. I had my Rover in Washington DC, but it needed so much work that I rarely drove it. Then, I had to put it into storage (IE: parents' garage). Now, we're out West and it was just shipped out. Before putting it into storage, I had a lot of work done and while it was under my dad's supervision he had even more done. It's running (mostly) great and it's just so wonderful to have it back in my life! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to drive. .... of course, it still conforms to the rules of my Rover Universe. The second I buy something cosmetic or comfort-related, something mechanical is guaranteed to break. ... when it came off the truck last week, I started it up and realized the starter (interestingly it was brand new) was spinning and spinning. It'll catch eventually, but it's defiantly bad. The great folks at RN were kind enough to RMA it and hopefully I'll be able to swap it this weekend before we get 8-12" of snow.

Name:	5DA16265-F6A8-4A9F-82EB-4CCF6B4C273D_1_105_c.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	13481

Quote Originally Posted by NickDawson View Post
    Hello old friends!
    After more years than I can count, I'm not only back on the forums, I'm reunited with my III RHD! Over the last 5-6 years, I was in some pretty urban areas. I had my Rover in Washington DC, but it needed so much work that I rarely drove it. Then, I had to put it into storage (IE: parents' garage). Now, we're out West and it was just shipped out. Before putting it into storage, I had a lot of work done and while it was under my dad's supervision he had even more done. It's running (mostly) great and it's just so wonderful to have it back in my life! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to drive. .... of course, it still conforms to the rules of my Rover Universe. The second I buy something cosmetic or comfort-related, something mechanical is guaranteed to break. ... when it came off the truck last week, I started it up and realized the starter (interestingly it was brand new) was spinning and spinning. It'll catch eventually, but it's defiantly bad. The great folks at RN were kind enough to RMA it and hopefully I'll be able to swap it this weekend before we get 8-12" of snow.

Name:	5DA16265-F6A8-4A9F-82EB-4CCF6B4C273D_1_105_c.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	13481
    Hi Nick:

Where did you move to?

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by TedW View Post
    Hi Nick:

Where did you move to?
    Left the mid-Atlantic about three years ago for a west cost adventure. I'd planned to ship my rover out but we figured out quickly that we weren't going to stay there for long. We were on our way back East and in this strange year and time we decided, whimsically, to relocate to Montana. We can work from anywhere, and life in the mountains felt a little better right now. So I shipped the Rover out and the pus is I get to drive it to my ski instructing side gig

Here is my late Fathers, owned from new 1971 Series IIA. It has the original gas/petrol engine which has finally been considered ran in now that it has 460k miles on it! I learnt how to drive in this on our farm way back when. My Father passed away four years ago so I had it shipped here to Palm Springs where I live up in the desert. It is a real blast to be driving it again now that I have done a few mods, soft top, unleaded conversion, heat shielding, etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.png 
Views:	328 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	13503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (1).png 
Views:	253 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	13504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (2).png 
Views:	252 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	13505

My 109 after my $500 home paint job.

Name:	fc.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	13724

Quote Originally Posted by LD-Ordie View Post
    Attachment 13446

So here is my 64 109. I've owned it for 14 years. Previous owner did a body off restoration, bought a new 2.5 running gear from Rover. Trany, transfer case and overdrive.Vehicle was a unfinished project when I bought it. It was finished and has been a daily driver since. I live in the upper Mohave Desert in California outside the Sierra Nevada's, so area's to explore are unlimited!

Attachment 13444Attachment 13445 Attachment 13448 Attachment 13449
    nice looking 109, i really like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway View Post
    My 109 after my $500 home paint job.

Name:	fc.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	13724
    looks nice, i painted my 3 yr. old 73 with avacado spray cans in a car wash in winter time seattle. unfortunatly, the avacado spray can job sticks better than the original but i sure wish i'd of left it alone.