Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Quote Originally Posted by LaneRover View Post
    Very nice truck! Interesting grill too, I haven't seen one like that before. Also the plaque on the back of your truck looks rounder than usual. It looks like you have a lot of fun with it!

I heard about the Australian grills from another Rover enthusiast. Apparently, when the series III came out in Australia there was a problem selling them because of the new plastic grill. The series II had the metal grill which could be taken off to use over a campfire. We all know how important the barbie (barbeque) is to the Australians. I wonder if this grill was their answer?

Is it metal?

Default Stray Dog found

Well, I just got her home last night.... I drove her 24 miles in 37 degree F with no top. My kid said it was like being in a Indiana Jones movie. lol.
    It is 1966 series 11a RHD with 39000 original miles. All the reciepts since new. It was bought from the original owner and has yet to be registered in the States. It got here to the states in 2000 and has been sitting in the gentlemans warehouse who shipped it here since. He started to clean her up a little with a few mechanical parts and paint etc. It came with the soft top bows and a hard top . She runs and sounds like a dream. Everything works except the wahers system....I have a bunch of parts in boxes still I need to go through. Everything is there and then some.

Look forward to pciking your brains for info and thaks for the site...

washer system? you mean like a windshield washer system? My 66 doesn't have one of those! Would be nice to have though.

Very,very nice looking rig.
    Jim

Thanks for the compliments. I was sort of hesitant to buy it since it had been re-sprayed. I like to know what I am getting into..but after looking it over....I could tell what it needed fairly quick. It is sort of hard to hide anything on these rigs. It is far form perfect but a good driver and future candidate for restore from what I can tell. The frame has had some repair work at one point in its life, at the rear spring mounting point. There is a doubler and it was re-welded in the wrong location. I hope it is not to hard to re-do.

Our Dog is liking it.

Default Who knew 109's were such babe magnets! ;)

Its been nothing but a great time since I bought my first 109...The ladies love it!

Great B&W shot.

My girl puts here feet on the dash, too. But my girl is 6 years old :lol

Nice rover and photos!
    Firemanshort
    1980 Stage One
    (Past owner of 1973 Series III - Highlander)

Who to make my new hero...amcordo or cwagner...

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Default please forgive me.....

Nice rear end and a great rack.

W a i t a minute.....

There's a girl in the picture!
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter