Page 75 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Quote Originally Posted by Billy5 View Post
    Here is my new to me first rover for you guys! Thank you for all of the help
    Billy
    Good looking truck Billy. Have fun with it.
    You should bring it to Metal Dash next weekend.
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com

Thank you! I also drive it everyday ( my daily driver as yours is). Where is this event? I have been looking for clubs that are near me.
    1969 Series 2a Bugeye

Its a real hoot! Rovers ,Beer ,and Wild women ........Okay , I lied there is no wild women ,but its still a good time.We'd like to see your truck.Its up in Petersham Mass.
    http://www.www.metaldashweekend.com/
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com

C$#%. I may have to work. We have a Maritime Festival that weekend, and I work in a marina. When is the latest I can sign up? I would love to be there. It looks like a great place to meet people, and shop for parts ( LOL).
    1969 Series 2a Bugeye

Quote Originally Posted by Billy5 View Post
    Here is my new to me first rover for you guys! Thank you for all of the help
    Billy
    Nice bug eye Billy. Looks it in great shape... are you planning to add back the hood spare ?
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

Default Thinking about selling

I'm looking to sell my 72 Lightweight.

I have an opportunity to take a job in Sicily. I don't drive it much anymore except to the store or local fishing spots. I don't wish to store it for 3 years either. Have soft top also.

If anyone knows anyone interested feel free to contact me.
    Stacy
    Motta S.A. Italy

Absolutely I am putting the spare back ( lol), I took it off as I am servicing it for fall winter, and I was a little worried about the hood slamming on my head. I am also adding a spare to the rear door ( when I buy one). It is in great shape. Not molested ( save for the pierce manifold/weber). I bought it from a member here. Great guy, great truck I love it. More than I thought I would.
    1969 Series 2a Bugeye

Quote Originally Posted by xsbowes View Post
    I'm looking to sell my 72 Lightweight.
    that is an excellent looking lightweight. hope it finds a good home. good luck in sicily!

Here's mine:

She's a 1974 Series III and my first land rover and vehicle older than me. I got her a few months ago. She's in pretty good shape now, great frame with only a minor amount of surface rust, rebuilt engine at some point in the past, and way too much bondo. I've already had to replace the foot wells and the toolbox under the drivers seat and have to deal with a 2"-3" sag in the rear suspension and a pretty leaky transfercase gasket. I also bought a used set of 16" wheels and tires from a 109 to replace the dodgy looking replacements that are on her and will paint them to match. My wife named her "Sandy". I'll be asking a lot of questions as I've only really changed the oil on a car before but I’m pretty handy (hopefully)

That is one nice looking Rover. If you don't mind and have the time please shoot pictures of your snorkel and how it ties into the air cleaner.
    Jim