Thread: Defender ECU

Default Defender ECU

I need some help. My fuel pump went out on my 95' D90 3.9L V8 and somehow the computer was ruined. I sent it to be rebuilt in North Carolina and they said it was not repairable and the biggest out rage is the dealer list for a new computer is $5300.00!!!!!! I could put a 300TDI for that or any other motor for that price. I have heard a discovery computer will work in the Defender but I haven't tried it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Joshua 95D90 NAS SW
    Bleedin Green

Any 14 CUX ecu will work from a Rangie. I sold the last one I had, but Paul Grant has them regularly. The only disco ecu which will work are '95 and older.

Default Got her running again

i talked to the nice guys at ECR and found a used one from Car Cannibal out of Oklahoma for $250 and it runs great now. Thanks for the advise and I also found that changing to a TDI cost $28K for everything. I guess I won't be putting one in after all, unless I hit the lottery. haha
    Joshua 95D90 NAS SW
    Bleedin Green