Thread: FIONNA LIVES!!!

Default FIONNA LIVES!!!

After taking the engine almost completely apart and giving it a good tune-up and throwing some cash at it...the 2.25L Gas engine lives once again!!! What a wonderful sound it is. I have only heard one other 2.25 before which is now owned by our fellow member "Daurie"...

(I'll place a link to the video as soon as it finishes uploading)

That is great news!

Now if you can just keeping it running.
    Last edited by Tim Smith; 09-12-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01001010
    After taking the engine almost completely apart and giving it a good tune-up and throwing some cash at it...the 2.25L Gas engine lives once again!!!
    Congratulations! Hopefully it wasn't one of those "you can get a pile of iron ore to power a rover by throwing enough cash at it" deals.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Actually...it really wasnt that bad....I purchased gaskets, hoses, belt, a generator and an oil filter. Thats it! The rest was carefully disassembled, cleaned, and thoroughly put back together. The engine was in good shape to begine with. The cylinder walls were smoother than the glossy touchpad on my laptop and the timing was spot on. The carb (Holley 1904) just needs to be cleaned out and tuned. I also need to get the wiring done correctly for the generator.

I should mention that the PO installed an electric fuel pump, which works quite nicely but is noisy. You can just barely hear it over the engine.

The Radiator was COMPLETELY clogged with an orange baby-poop-like (my apologies but there is no other substance I can compare it to) goop and had a leak on the top section. My dad was able to weld it up. We gave it a good flush afterwards. Then starter was comepletely jammed. It was almost like fine beachsand that had it all ceased up. Again, a good cleaning got it working again. This engine is definitely good for another 50 years..hehe
    Last edited by 01001010; 09-12-2008 at 11:30 PM.