Thread: Raised Disco 1

Default Raised Disco 1

I've raised my '95discoI 2 inches using old man emu springs and bilstein shocks and had 245/70/r16 tires on it. would any one recommend 255/70/R16 tires on it on its original rims?

W/ a 2" lift, I'd suggest 235/85R16's.... Good selection of tires available, not too wide, tall enough.... (255/85R16, well, you'd have to go another inch and start doing corrections, etc., but, 235/85R16's are a good fit....)
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

I am planning the same project and discussed it with a couple
    landrover mechanics. 255 or 265/70/16 should fit well without any modification and no rubbing. ENJOY the VIEW!

I was looking for BFG's, and found some All Terrain Pathfinders 255/70/R16 at discount tires. they seem to work well, no road noise, no vibration, no rubbing. Any comments on these tires. I probably saved a couple of hundred compared to BFG's.

235/85r16 is as big as we would reconmend with a 2" lift. Any bigger and you'll need to cut the arches away.

I don't know how UK prices compare, but the General Grabber AT2 is an excellent tyre. Our sister company Terrain Adventures has run several trips to Europe and Morocco on one set and they are still only half worn.