Thread: Muffler Issue

Default Muffler Issue

My center muffler has recently cracked front and back around the seams. I am getting a little loud and looked into replacing it. I have a 95 Disco 1 with 180,000 on it and am not wanting to put a ton into it. First of all, I found one for $180 online is this something easy enough for me to do on a Rover, I am pretty technically savvy. Second, can I run a straight pipe off of this since there are 2 mufflers on this model, will it change the functionality of my engine?

Thanks for any ideas.

functionally I don't think you'll notice a difference, can you weld? the stock system is meant to bolt together and most replacements will bolt in as well, however if you go to put a straight pipe in you'll likely need to weld the connectors back on. its gonna be louder than stock, but seeing as several performance replacements put straight pipe through there i don't expect you'd have a real issue.