Quote Originally Posted by bfrieck View Post
I've been interested in putting my IIA 88" body on a Disco chassis. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to keep the wheels from sticking out beyond the Series body. From hub face to hub face (where the wheels contact the hubs), the Disco axles measure about 6-1/2" wider than the Series axles and it doesn't look there is room to fit everything even if I go the trouble/expense of narrowing the Disco axles. The Disco chassis measures exactly the same 31" as the Series Chassis, but the coils are mounted completely outboard of the frame rails. I've thought of three solutions to the problem (1) narrow the Disco axles, (2) widen the Series body (ughhh), and (3) use wheels with enough offset to take care of the moving the road wheels back under the Series wings. Option 3 will probably look a bit funny because wheels with enough offset would look a lot like the wheels that make dual wheels work. I suppose there's a fourth option in the form of some sort of wheel well flares but I've also thought those were a bit cheesy. Any ideas?
I believe there are wheels with enough of an offset to allow you to keep the tires under the body. Think they are 1ton wheels or 130 wheels?