Thread: Can't get the door tops to seal well

Default Can't get the door tops to seal well

Even if I slam the doors, the door tops bow away at the top leaving a good 1/4 inch gap at the top. Sure is wet and drafty. All of the seals seem to be flush and in good shape. And of course the two mounting bolts are tight. Any Solihull secrets?

Thanks,
    Josh
    '62 series IIA

I had this problem and rectified it by bending the posts on the doortops in a tad...I used a piece of pipe as a sleeve over the posts to get the leverage and bent them slowly at the base (with the nuts on the end so as not to mess up the threads). The tops now sit tight. If you do this make sure you bend the posts in the correct direction, otherwise your gaps will be even bigger.

HA HA HA!!! Welcome to the joys of series ownership!

But, yes. All you can do is bend the posts, and treat the rubber seals to soften them (silicone spray works well, but actually shortens the life of the seal over the long haul).

I don't use the nuts on mine, and just open the door and grab the door top and bend it in. This needs to be re-done every few months.

Oh, it will STILL leak, just a bit less...
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular